Best place for a mattress under 50$

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Best place for a mattress under 50$

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Looking to spend under 50 bone for a cheap but new mattress for our guest bedroom. What store or market and what type of bed am I looking for 50 bucks?
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Best place for a mattress under 50$

Post by General Mackevili »

You know what's better than a mattress under $50?
Spoiler:
$50 under a mattress.

Sorry, I can't help you.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

General Mackevili wrote:You know what's better than a mattress under $50?
Spoiler:
$50 under a mattress.

Sorry, I can't help you.
Spare time, and Internet, right? :D
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Sorry, I'm sleep deprived and my mind is fried today.... That's about as good of a post i can muster up.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Try the foam mattress shops on Monivong or 217 near the spaghetti junction.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

vladimir wrote:Try the foam mattress shops on Monivong or 217 near the spaghetti junction.
Also, further up Monivong, roughly across from the KFC, there are many places selling mattresses.

Not sure how low their price range goes down to, but worth checking..

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Looking to spend under 50 bone for a cheap but new mattress for our guest bedroom. What store or market and what type of bed am I looking for 50 bucks?

Well your on the right track. Having a cheap, dirty or even no mattress at all, is one way of making sure those guests don't overstay their welcome.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

If you increase your budget slightly, you will be able to buy a half decent foam mattress that is worth sleeping on (Around 70 dollars). 50 dollars and under will buy you a piece of crap that you normally find in a $5 dollar brothel. Monivong is a good place to start looking (south of Kampuchea Krom).
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Duncan wrote:
Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:Looking to spend under 50 bone for a cheap but new mattress for our guest bedroom. What store or market and what type of bed am I looking for 50 bucks?

Well your on the right track. Having a cheap, dirty or even no mattress at all, is one way of making sure those guests don't overstay their welcome.
Just last week my SO's little sister(22) decided she was going to have a fucking melt down over university. She wanted to come stay with us and all signs pointed at this being for more than a few days. I enjoy my privacy to the utmost and respect yours the same. I really am a shitty host and I hate doing it. After 2 nights on the tile floor, she decided that she could grow up and handle her big girl problems.

Thanks for the advice but I am just going to cruise around Golden Sorya Mall and see if anyone is tossing any old mattresses out.

Get off my lawn..
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Sir_Quality_U_Feel wrote:
Duncan wrote:

Just last week my SO's little sister(22) decided she was going to have a fucking melt down over university. She wanted to come stay with us and all signs pointed at this being for more than a few days. I enjoy my privacy to the utmost and respect yours the same. I really am a shitty host and I hate doing it. After 2 nights on the tile floor, she decided that she could grow up and handle her big girl problems.

Thanks for the advice but I am just going to cruise around Golden Sorya Mall and see if anyone is tossing any old mattresses out.

Get off my lawn..

I have a nice soft comftable bed she can try for a few days.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic