7 best bars in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: 7 best bars in Phnom Penh

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sailorman wrote:The Cyrcee (secret bar)(Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Mam)
:twisted: :Yahoo!: :twisted:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:1.Walkabout
2.Pontoon
3.Gpub
4.GSM
5.Walkabout
6.Walkabout
7.Cant think of anymore the rest are shit!
Where is gpub ? and is it only freelancer or not many there ?
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

2.Pontoon
3.Gpub
4.GSM
5.Walkabout
6.Walkabout
What a load of shite!!!

Walkabout is no more, pontoon is a nightclub, gpub isdead, GSM is a skank alley!!!

I like to drink wine and I find that Angry Birds and Honeypot really try to server good wine!
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

peter.storm wrote:
2.Pontoon
3.Gpub
4.GSM
5.Walkabout
6.Walkabout
What a load of shite!!!

Walkabout is no more, pontoon is a nightclub, gpub isdead, GSM is a skank alley!!!

I like to drink wine and I find that Angry Birds and Honeypot really try to server good wine!
i guess you couldnt sense my sarcasm by me choosing the biggest dives in Phnom Penh.... :facepalm:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

zmth wrote:
2.Pontoon
3.Gpub
4.GSM
5.Walkabout
6.Walkabout
Where is gpub ? and is it only freelancer or not many there ?
its a late night bar in sorya mall, where the birds/punters who didnt pick up a customer in pontoon tend to hang out, often get the methys from sorya mall still knocking about there too,
not the nicest of places
my post was being sarcastic
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by peter.storm »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
peter.storm wrote:
2.Pontoon
3.Gpub
4.GSM
5.Walkabout
6.Walkabout
What a load of shite!!!

i guess you couldnt sense my sarcasm by me choosing the biggest dives in Phnom Penh.... :facepalm:
Nah mate, was pissed as a parrot when I posted as I had just come home for the bars
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
zmth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by zmth »

Ok now I may recall. Is gpub that small overpriced like $2 minimum real loud place with some people dancing on your way to the bathroom from golden sorya mall, actually could say part of golden sorya mall, which doesn't get going(or even open ) till like 2-4 am in the morning ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

zmth wrote:Ok now I may recall. Is gpub that small overpriced like $2 minimum real loud place with some people dancing on your way to the bathroom from golden sorya mall, actually could say part of golden sorya mall, which doesn't get going(or even open ) till like 2-4 am in the morning ?
you could be correct aye, its usually the same staff that work the Sorya Mall Beer Garden, (the big place in the middle of GSM with the 2 pool tables) as i think the owner owns both bars, so the staff start their shift at GSM beer garden then finish it at like 8am in Gpub, i'm friends with a girl that used to work there, 8pm-8am working at both them bars every night, thats a killer shift if i ever seen one
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:26 am Yeah that list is really aiming for the a specific crowd. Can't blame her that much as bars tend to cater to fairly specific demographics (though not as much here as in the west). I haven't been at every spot mentioned, but I personally find most of those places a bit boring and pretentious.
There is hope for you yet, Lexus, I agree 100%.

The Elephant Bar used to be fantastic, then some idiot decided to make his mark...loser.

Long after Dark is overpriced wrt drinks, unfriendly atmosphere, but food is very good.

Hundreds of small Khmer places.

Maybe I'm strange, but I honestly prefer drinking at a roadside Khmer joint with friendly down-to-earth people, than having to listen to some wannabe drunkenly explaining to me why he left the SAS as he slides off his stool, slobbering as he submerges, or an angry woman wearing a krama explaining why we need 5-gender toilets.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Bars! You can keep them all for your likings. Don't like bars. Don't like listening to the same old travellers tales. And with the lady bars, the lovely ladies always try to lead me astray. And I find in the big city the bars are bright and play loud music, something I am not used too.

I would just like to find a local, just like back at home.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic