Do backpackers shower?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Do backpackers shower?

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:are you a bit of a Toffy Mr. Grinch?? :hattip:
:lol:
Quite possibly. ;-) No, I was a scholarship kid in one of the world's most expensive schools. Both my parents started life on council estates (in my mother's case - she was also a post-world war immigrant kid) and neither (until incredibly recently - mum was in her late 50s when she finished her degree) was a university graduate. I was taught to work as a kid and make things happen if I wanted them. I've never used the old school tie to get a job or even open a door to a job (though I did once use it to rent a house when I was a long-haired metalhead in my youth) either.
fair play Sir :hattip: a prime example of achieving anything if you put your mind to it, respect mate!
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Metalhead or meat head?
I find the vernacular a trifle confusing.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Western feminist dreadlocks should be banned from the most kingdom
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Any non tribal society must ban them on grounds of hygiene, as infectious.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Correct.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

TheGrinchSR wrote:I honestly had no idea that anyone beyond university age would even consider sleeping in a dorm. I'd rather sleep on the street than with a bunch of backpackers. It was bad enough being in a dorm at school and there I was sharing with royalty and members of the modern aristocracy's children.
But... you told me there would be crumbs! By the sounds of it, the people you grew up with would have licked the wrapper clean.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

juansweetpotato wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote:I honestly had no idea that anyone beyond university age would even consider sleeping in a dorm. I'd rather sleep on the street than with a bunch of backpackers. It was bad enough being in a dorm at school and there I was sharing with royalty and members of the modern aristocracy's children.
But... you told me there would be crumbs! By the sounds of it, the people you grew up with would have licked the wrapper clean.
The people I went to school with, employ people to shoot wrapper lickers like you so they aren't disturbed by the sight of them. Literally in the case of Saddam Hussein's nephew...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

TheGrinchSR wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
The people I went to school with, employ people to shoot wrapper lickers like you so they aren't disturbed by the sight of them. Literally in the case of Saddam Hussein's nephew...
Your missing the point Grinch old chap. What I meant was that they wouldn't have left anything for anybody else; Not even the crumbs.
They do have some kindness in them though; I remember when the gardener fell and broke his leg,
Sir Henry shot him in the head.
That dear and compassionate man couldn't bear to see even the lowliest of creatures in pain.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Digg3r wrote:I've never understood the dorm mentality. Literally a couple more dollars for some privacy
agreed
so you would say a private room in ohhhh, say Bangkok for a month stay is only a few dollars more? Is it a block from the BTS? Personally I find it's way more than a couple dollars. I find PP grossly overpriced. I'm staying months at a time usually. This is WAY more than a few dollars more. I would not think of a dorm anywhere in Cambodia save PP. The one I use in Bkk is airconditioned, has a lovely roof garden, laundry facilities, a kitchen guests can use and is very clean. No smelly backpackers. More likely metrosexuals that'll use half your bottle of shampoo as a body wash if you leave it in the bathroom. Prissy lot out and about nowadays.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Mr Curious wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Digg3r wrote:I've never understood the dorm mentality. Literally a couple more dollars for some privacy
agreed
so you would say a private room in ohhhh, say Bangkok for a month stay is only a few dollars more? Is it a block from the BTS? Personally I find it's way more than a couple dollars. I find PP grossly overpriced. I'm staying months at a time usually. This is WAY more than a few dollars more. I would not think of a dorm anywhere in Cambodia save PP. The one I use in Bkk is airconditioned, has a lovely roof garden, laundry facilities, a kitchen guests can use and is very clean. No smelly backpackers. More likely metrosexuals that'll use half your bottle of shampoo as a body wash if you leave it in the bathroom. Prissy lot out and about nowadays.
yes only a few dollars difference, i stay at a nice hostel place (no smelly backpackers) in bangkok becuase its right next to the victory monument, and bts, its 400baht for the dorm ($11.25) or 550baht for a private room ($15.50) at todays exchange rate in england thats a difference of £2.80, if i had the choice between a dorm room or private room at the difference only being £2.80 then i know which i would choose, if you are staying for months at a time, get them to give you a special monthly rate
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic