Australian Woman Bitten by 2 Cambodians?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Australian Woman Bitten by 2 Cambodians?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:Maybe a small katana, which seems to be all the rage now.
A katana is a machete ?
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Look scary !
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Thats seriously fuked up.Obviously it's a slash/whack by a decent sized blade.
But does anyone have any facts about what happened?
General Mac, you said you got the info from a friend that worked in a clinic in Sihanoukville? It was fairly specific information too. Ozzie girl, 2 Cambodians, with photo's.
Can your friend provide anymore information?
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

There has been nothing on any of the local FB pages, and no talk/gossip of it at all. As you know, we don't censor or hide things like Kampot does.
Yes, I'm questioning the veracity of the information you were provided, because there seems to be no backup of it anywhere?
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Next time get some more info pronto and one of us locals can go check it out!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Ok, they are saying it happened on "12-01," so that's either December 1, 2015, or January 12, 2016. :cry: I don't know.

It was an attempted bag snatching, she was walking around drunk and it happened near 'golden star hotel,' but I assume that's Golden Star Inn. Sorry, that's all I got. Maybe it didn't make the news. It was hard to understand, as they first said 'bitten' but they clearly meant 'beaten.'

Sorry Jamie, I don't think we can score this either way with such a vague story. :x
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:Ok, they are saying it happened on "12-01," so that's either December 1, 2015, or January 12, 2016. :cry: I don't know.

It was an attempted bag snatching, she was walking around drunk and it happened near 'golden star hotel,' but I assume that's Golden Star Inn. Sorry, that's all I got. Maybe it didn't make the news. It was hard to understand, as they first said 'bitten' but they clearly meant 'beaten.'

Sorry Jamie, I don't think we can score this either way with such a vague story. :x
the manager of #TeamShitsville is furious, but the points been disallowed....
#TeamShitsville still trailing, still 11months to go though....
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I was also just told that a Swedish girl stepped on a live wire last night on Otres Beach, but again, nothing in the news. She was transferred to a Phnom Penh hospital.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

This all sounds rather worrying. Seems like 2 cases of serious tourist injury; one from being attacked with a machete/ Chinese chopper, and the other electrocution by walking down a public street. I also know of another tourist death that wasn't reported in the media. In fact, it's rather fucking shocking that the 2 old western EL papers aren't covering these stories. I've given up on the KT. Tourist dollars?
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Australian Woman Bitten by 2 Cambodians?

juansweetpotato wrote:This all sounds rather worrying. Seems like 2 cases of serious tourist injury; one from being attacked with a machete/ Chinese chopper, and the other electrocution by walking down a public street. I also know of another tourist death that wasn't reported in the media. In fact, it's rather fucking shocking that the 2 old western EL papers aren't covering these stories. I've given up on the KT. Tourist dollars?
2 unreported deaths? Enlighten us.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic