Smart phones,,, Dumb people

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Smart phones,,, Dumb people

Post by sigmoid »

A smart phone (of which the Apple iPhone is just one of many brands) is just a very useful tool. That's why people own and use them.

It's basically a computer that you can carry around in your pocket, which means pretty much anything you can do on a computer, you can do on a smart phone. This includes listening to some great music or the radio, chatting with your mates, setting up dates, doing business, checking e-mail, watching videos, studying or translating a language, reading the latest news, seeing what the weather is like back in your hometown, posting on CEO, locating a good restaurant or hotel, looking for a job, checking currency exchange rates, booking flights, researching any topic you need to know about, finding an apartment/house, etc., etc.

Oh, and you can make phone calls, too! And take photos or shoot videos... play video games...

Nowadays, prices are down and quality is up. So, basically everyone except the destitute can afford a cheap or second-hand one.

If I were you, I'd certainly look into getting one and joining the crowd.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

SinnSisamouth wrote:if u see a girl without an iphone she will want you to buy her one!

Iis not just here but all over the world a generation thing.

and whilst we are this subject why do people go to concerts but look at the show through the tiny screen of there iphone or ipad!
For once i agree with likes cocks sinisimouth
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

sigmoid wrote:A smart phone (of which the Apple iPhone is just one of many brands) is just a very useful tool. That's why people own and use them.
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^That phone the cat is munching on is the same one I use, Motorola something or other. White LCD screen, lasts forever on the battery (2 weeks), cost me $18 to buy, calls people and receives calls, and is super small and lightweight, so it's easy to carry.

I fear the day it dies, because then I'll be required to buy a new one, probably with a camera or something next time.
-insert signature here
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

does it come with a free cat then ae86?
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
qinjingyou
Expatriate
China

Re: RE: Re: Smart phones,,, Dumb people

Post by qinjingyou »

AE86 wrote:^^That phone the cat is munching on is the same one I use, Motorola something or other. White LCD screen, lasts forever on the battery (2 weeks), cost me $18 to buy, calls people and receives calls, and is super small and lightweight, so it's easy to carry.

I fear the day it dies, because then I'll be required to buy a new one, probably with a camera or something next time.
Chinese companies make "old people's phones" simple things with big buttons and large fonts in the display.
在见
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: RE: Re: Smart phones,,, Dumb people

Post by Duncan »

qinjingyou wrote:
AE86 wrote:^^That phone the cat is munching on is the same one I use, Motorola something or other. White LCD screen, lasts forever on the battery (2 weeks), cost me $18 to buy, calls people and receives calls, and is super small and lightweight, so it's easy to carry.

Chinese companies make "old people's phones" simple things with big buttons and large fonts in the display.

I'm thinking of upgrading my ''old peoples phone'' for a smart phone. I may have to sell my old phone first though. It's like new and bought it in 1998. Any idea what it would be worth ?. There is bound to be a k440 member living in shitsville that would buy it.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Generally K440 are more PP.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Duncan wrote:Walk into a bar, a shop , the market or any stall selling [ or not selling ] something and everyone has their eyes glued to the small screen on their I-phone. What did people do before they had smartphones. Even people walking or jogging are either talking to themselves or have earphones rammed into their ears and don't want to communicate with the world outside of their own personal space. Is it going to end up with women having designer babies with a inbuilt phone in their ear ?
I would not want to miss my phone. Whilst I grew up with a phone that still had a crank (I shit ye not), I find today's phones incredibly practical. This morning I went to the bank and have all my details on the phone; then went shopping with a shopping list app, and took photos on the way back.

I do run with music but prefer an IPod as a phone is to cumbersome; I use a "real" camera for serious photography; I will not look at my phone during next month's South Africa trip but I still think it is great technology.
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

The iphone 6 are innocent!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic