Breakfast in Sihanoukville

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: Breakfast in SHV

Post by Hotdigr »

Not sure where Texas Jeff is based now, but if you can track him down, he also does a bloody good spread! He normally works around the Hill, so maybe one of you guys based up there know where he is at the moment?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I wonder sir, if this Texas Jeff you refer to is in fact Chef Mark of Tyler Texas formerly the food stylist renowned at the Late Great Lamented Maestro Tony Jones' altogether excellent establishment?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

nemo wrote:I wonder sir, if this Texas Jeff you refer to is in fact Chef Mark of Tyler Texas formerly the food stylist renowned at the Late Great Lamented Maestro Tony Jones' altogether excellent establishment?
Just in case anyone else was having problems with translation. Thx g**gle tranlate. :beer1:
ខ្ញុំឆ្ងល់លោកប្រសិនបើលោក Jeff រដ្ឋតិចសាស់នេះអ្នកយោងទៅគឺនៅចុងភៅជាការពិតលោក Mark នៃរដ្ឋតិចសាស់ជាអតីតទាន់សម័យ Tyler អាហារដែលល្បីឈ្មោះនៅចុងមហាបរិទេវ Maestro មានលោក Tony របស់លោក Jones បានបង្កើតឡើងយ៉ាងល្អប្រសើរទាំងអស់គ្នា?
khnhom chhngal lok brasenbae lok Jeff rodth tech sa sa nih anak yong tow ku now chongphow chea karpit lok Mark nei rodth tech sa sa chea ateit teansamy Tyler ahar del lbichhmoh now chong mha britev Maestro mean lok Tony robsa lok Jones ban bangkeut laeng yeang la brasaer teangoasaknea ?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

The Lancashire sausages touted in these establishments are inevitably mere Linconshire sausages, of the second quality, and native manufacture.

Being a tourist town, mostly the deception is seldom exposed.

I call offenders out ruthlessly and normally have my breakfast "comped" as our Yankee cousins are fond of saying.
One must give the offender several weeks to remedy the problem prior to a second breakfast call. If they have not remedied their fraudulent practice, it is well to mention tripadvisor. In this way, one may correct the errant lack of quality evident in tourist ghetto destinations and other developing communities.

Just the other day I remarked to a prominent Head of Mission from UNESCO that my corn tortillas at Alma seemed microwaved.
Well, one must draw the line somewhere.
The natives want pulling up, and the barang "managers" are ghastly.
It is our joint responsibility to demand a certain standard be upheld.

It is the worst sort of Mea Culpa to allow them to escape their contracted responsibility, as is amply illustrated in places like Malta and Gibraltar.

Therefore I call on you, my colleagues to be effective agents of change.

They all forget their place, and want a genteel reminder now and then.
A good kick up the Arse never went astray.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

nemo wrote:The Lancashire sausages touted in these establishments are inevitably mere Linconshire sausages, of the second quality, and native manufacture.

Being a tourist town, mostly the deception is seldom exposed.

I call offenders out ruthlessly and normally have my breakfast "comped" as our Yankee cousins are fond of saying.
One must give the offender several weeks to remedy the problem prior to a second breakfast call. If they have not remedied their fraudulent practice, it is well to mention tripadvisor. In this way, one may correct the errant lack of quality evident in tourist ghetto destinations and other developing communities.

Just the other day I remarked to a prominent Head of Mission from UNESCO that my corn tortillas at Alma seemed microwaved.
Well, one must draw the line somewhere.
The natives want pulling up, and the barang "managers" are ghastly.
It is our joint responsibility to demand a certain standard be upheld.

It is the worst sort of Mea Culpa to let them escape responsibility, as is amply illustrated in places like Malta and Gibraltar.
Therefore I call on you my colleagues to be effective agents of change.

They all forget their place, and want a genteel reminder now and then.
A good kick up the Arse never went astray.
im from lincolnshire, and theres nothing that comes close to the lincolnshire sausage out here, snooky bar used to claim to use lincolnshire sausages but the times i had them they definitely werent, i did notice the other day that its just called the full english breakfast now and not the lincolnshire breakfast, still a great breakfast though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

This is likely the result of my complaint when i recently encountered the owner of Snookies at our old club in Church St NW1
GI registration is impossible to enforce in developing economies.

As mentioned, some standards must be upheld as minima, and I will not truckle to anyone misrepresenting the British Sausage, no matter how powerful.

Some things brook no compromise.
This comes from the Picts.
As does Black Pudding.
The Pixies, Pict Sieadeh, hated by the Romans, and greatly feared.
They ate their enemies too.
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

G day mate no full english.

Jeff not from Texas. He is at pie in sky victory hill. Left at end of bar street. Open early I believe.

Saw Texas Mark wandering in Phnom Penh. Did not talk to him.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Breakfast in SHV

Post by General Mackevili »

Ricky Shaw wrote:Did not talk to him.
LoL.

A breakfast buffet place I liked was at Orchidee Guesthouse. I think it was only $5. To be fair, all I had was plates and plates of bacon, which I thought was great.

Will be checking out some of these other options.

And Martini's on the beach was nice. They had these croissants with awesome cheese and, yes.....bacon. Bastards always seemed to run out of those things though.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I believe they have a breakfast club at Ochheuteal Guesthouse. Starts around 7am, beer optional!
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

talking of tony at ch
there is still the breakfast club that meet at Monday on 10am

they have gone everywhere so i was told so should no all the good places
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman