Moving to Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Leo
Tourist

Re: Moving to Cambodia

Post by Leo »

I think that a good food business to start in Phnom Phen would be a bagel shop in Riverside area, I have not seen a bagel shop since i have been here.
soursop
Tourist

Post by soursop »

Does anyone know of any foreigners working at one of the happy pizza places? I enjoy making pizzas and it sounds like a fun place to work at.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

$5/day,
all the pizza you can eat an all u can smoke
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

soursop wrote:Does anyone know of any foreigners working at one of the happy pizza places? I enjoy making pizzas and it sounds like a fun place to work at.
They are 100% local run. I doubt very much they'd want any foreigner drawing attention to their business.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

"I think that a good food business to start in Phnom Phen would be a bagel shop in Riverside area, I have not seen a bagel shop since i have been here."
Perhaps that is an adequate comment on the local demand for these products.
It is after all, a place not much frequented by natives of New York and New Jersey.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nemo wrote:"I think that a good food business to start in Phnom Phen would be a bagel shop in Riverside area, I have not seen a bagel shop since i have been here."
Perhaps that is an adequate comment on the local demand for these products.
It is after all, a place not much frequented by natives of New York and New Jersey.
There are a few places selling bagels already. I'm not exactly sure where because I don't particularly care for them - but I've seen them.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

they had them in a Bakery at the Aeon mall when i was there over a year ago

toasted with cream cheese, chives, butter and salmon Heaven
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
jessy101
Expatriate

Post by jessy101 »

Why do you choose Cambodia
chefung01
Tourist

Post by chefung01 »

Because I am Cambodian American
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

jessy101 wrote:Why do you choose Cambodia
chefung01 wrote:Because I am Cambodian American
If you speak Khmer then teaching western cooking to Cambodians might be a good place to start ? Just an idea, since I don't know you at all, but good luck in your venture. I'm sure you'll find something, but wages are probably not as high as you might expect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic