Nice restaurants for a date

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Re: Nice restaurants for a date

Post by Kuroneko »

kiwiincambodia wrote:So, it has been over a year since my divorce and I have started to get back into the dating game, no not like that before you ask and need to know some decent places to go for meals and some drinks.

I am currently ''seeing'' a lovely lady who has a high profile job for a very respectable company here, so far we have been to places like Zino, Chinese house and open wine.

Where are some other nice restaurants like the above to take a lovely lady for a nice dinner and some drinks or even just some nice bars for a few cocktails?

Thanks in advance for your help, I forgot how much work it is to be single.

Bouchon Wine bar ( #3 Street 246 | Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Phnom Penh) is one of my favorites. A good selection of French wines at very reasonable prices and dishes such as Coq au Vin or Boeuf bourguignon for around $8. Good ambience and IMO a great place to spend an evening

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bouchon- ... 0351579061

Sonoma Oyster is a good restaurant I like (#11 Street 222 ) Online menu here http://www.yourphnompenh.com/order/food/sonoma-oyster/

prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Congrats! If your new lady Khmer or foreigner ?
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Kuroneko wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:So, it has been over a year since my divorce and I have started to get back into the dating game, no not like that before you ask and need to know some decent places to go for meals and some drinks.

I am currently ''seeing'' a lovely lady who has a high profile job for a very respectable company here, so far we have been to places like Zino, Chinese house and open wine.

Where are some other nice restaurants like the above to take a lovely lady for a nice dinner and some drinks or even just some nice bars for a few cocktails?

Thanks in advance for your help, I forgot how much work it is to be single.

Bouchon Wine bar ( #3 Street 246 | Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Phnom Penh) is one of my favorites. A good selection of French wines at very reasonable prices and dishes such as Coq au Vin or Boeuf bourguignon for around $8. Good ambience and IMO a great place to spend an evening
[img]http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/03/3f/a9/9e/bouchon-wine-bar.jpg[/img]

https://www.facebook.com/pa ... 0351579061

Sonoma Oyster is a good restaurant I like (#11 Street 222 ) Online menu here http://www.yourphnompenh.co ... ma-oyster/

[img]http://d3gfeeqgdu2s9y.cloudfront.net/order/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/sonoma-oyster-cover.jpg[/img]
Thanks I like Bouchon and live just around the corner. Good idea to start with a few cocktails. Never had the food there so should try it I guess.

As I don't like oysters I will give Sonoma a miss I think.

Thanks for the tips.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

prahkeitouj wrote:Congrats! If your new lady Khmer or foreigner ?
She's from Vietnam. ImageImage
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Nice restaurants for a date

Post by General Mackevili »

I was going to suggest Pontoon Bistro, but then I read this:
hanno wrote:
Username Taken wrote:Burger King.
Not everybody picks up their dates at GSM.
Titanic is always high on my list.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:I was going to suggest Pontoon Bistro, but then I read this:
hanno wrote:
Username Taken wrote:Burger King.
Not everybody picks up their dates at GSM.
Titanic is always high on my list.
Gpub after pontoon has closed! :good:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Congrats! If your new lady Khmer or foreigner ?
She's from Vietnam. ImageImage
Normally , if I have a date, I ask him what does he want to eat, where to go. If he wants me to choose I'll choose a place which is comfortable to talk and breeze. Since I broke up with my ex-bf, I dated with few men, one of them is barang ( Aussie) .It was two years ago. I took him to Eclipse Sky Bar because he's never been to the high place and he was scared. Maybe it is not easy to a man who has big tummy to go up stairs at the high place. BTW you should choose the place which you think your lady will like it. I think well-prepared is good way.
Note: women really hate when any man is busy with other things while he is with her.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

prahkeitouj wrote:Note: women really hate when any man is busy with other things while he is with her.
Does that mean he shouldn't post status updates to CEO while he is on his date? Why not?
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Nice restaurants for a date

Post by prahkeitouj »

Username Taken wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:Note: women really hate when any man is busy with other things while he is with her.
Does that mean he shouldn't post status updates to CEO while he is on his date? Why not?
Hehheh... It might be so. She might think he is trying to date other girls in CEO. Hehhehe Image
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Malis has a nice atmosphere, but the food is a bit ordinary for Cambodians. Soups and steakhouses seem to go down well with locals.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic