A Foreigner Was Seen Having Verbal Argument With His Cambodian Neighbor Due To Loud Music

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

A Foreigner Was Seen Having Verbal Argument With His Cambodian Neighbor Due To Loud Music

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A Foreigner was seen having verbal argument with his Cambodian neighbor. He was seen holding folding knife while he was confronting with his old woman Cambodian neighbour. It seemed like the argument stemmed from loud music. He was annoyed with his Cambodian neighbor playing loud music.

Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: A Foreigner Was Seen Having Verbal Argument With His Cambodian Neighbor Due To Loud Music

Post by juansweetpotato »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:A Foreigner was seen having verbal argument with his Cambodian neighbor. He was seen holding folding knife while he was confronting with his old woman Cambodian. It seemed like the argument stemmed from loud music. He was annoyed with his Cambodian neighbor playing loud music.

Jesus H Christ!. This is going to make me even more popular on these BBS's but... WILL ALL PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT LOUD MUSIC PLEASE F-OFF BACK HOME. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: And the f'king wanker had a knife!!
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: A Foreigner Was Seen Having Verbal Argument With His Cambodian Neighbor Due To Loud Music

Post by General Mackevili »

Yikes.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

I bet the guy's dogs have kept a few awake in their time too!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

links expired :(
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: A Foreigner Was Seen Having Verbal Argument With His Cambodian Neighbor Due To Loud Music

Jamie_Lambo wrote:links expired :(
Try this:

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
superdavemc
Tourist

Post by superdavemc »

What's up with Cambodians and loud music blasting at all hours? Is it a cultural thing here to believe that everyone within earshot wants to be entertained by your horrible, sounds like 2 cats screwing, traditional music/noise?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: A Foreigner Was Seen Having Verbal Argument With His Cambodian Neighbor Due To Loud Music

superdavemc wrote:Is it a cultural thing here to believe that everyone within earshot wants to be entertained by your horrible, sounds like 2 cats screwing, traditional music/noise?
I think they just don't give a fuck. I'm sure every single one of them have been annoyed as hell when one of their neighbor's has a funeral/wedding, but when it's their turn to blast tunes, they go for it too.

Vicious cycle.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

General Mackevili wrote:
superdavemc wrote:Is it a cultural thing here to believe that everyone within earshot wants to be entertained by your horrible, sounds like 2 cats screwing, traditional music/noise?
I think they just don't give a fuck. I'm sure every single one of them have been annoyed as hell when one of their neighbor's has a funeral/wedding, but when it's their turn to blast tunes, they go for it too.

Vicious cycle.
Advantage: if you want to have a party or just listen to some loud music, that's cool, you can do that and no one will call the cops.
Disadvantage: we are outnumbered; the neighbours have more funerals/weddings than we have parties.
Conclusion: have more parties 8)
(Earplugs are good too.)

Seriously, you have to be a sad-sack to complain because a family is making too much noise with their funeral ceremony. :( Of course it's annoying to be woken before dawn with all the noise from ceremonies, but this is the culture here so you suck it up. Think about it as if you are sharing a common experience with your neighbours - grief or joy. Maybe you don't enjoy sharing this, but that's how things are done here. Sometimes the noise drives me mad, but different countries, different customs, and it's up to me whether I chill or get aggro (or vent on an internet forum lol.)

As an aside, there were 2 cats screwing loudly outside our place last night and there was a guy breaking rocks under my window at 6am this morning - but what, animals should stop fornicating and people shouldn't start work so early because I want to sleep ? Nah, tough shit that's all.( I would've thrown some stones at the cats, but could've hit anything or anybody. :dragonchase: Whoops, waiting for the catlovers to weigh in now. ;) )
superdavemc
Tourist

Post by superdavemc »

There's a Vietnamese restaurant/part time Karaoke across from my house. They are the worse. Weddings and funerals I can handle most of the time.( I own earphones). But the very loud and clearly meant to be obnoxious singing and disco club music is making me want to move soon. Maybe if I find a place higher up, like 10th floor or something, it won't be so bad?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic