Dont be a slave

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Dont be a slave

Post by General Mackevili »

We want names! :)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

What an absolute load of bullshit this thread is. Led by people who obviously have NFI.
BKK Trapper, there isn't a bartender in town in an ordinary bar making $300 a month let alone $500. Management is different, but you were never anything but a slave. You never made even $100 cash. Now f off .Oh, you already have? Great news for us, not so good perhaps for the local Malaysian forums, but you are their problem now, not ours thank fuk.
Richard, I've been trying to leave you alone, but you consider $3000 a month a decent wage here? When have you ever made that? How many people do you actually KNOW that make that here? Scobienz? Playboy? Yeah, thats a fair sampling. You talk absolute bullshit mate and you should just stick to the Thailand forums too. You have NFI about contemporary Cambodia.
The old adage that " It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool, then to speak and prove to them you are" applies equally to both you 2. :facepalm:
There are a fair few number of people here who work not because they need to financially, but because they are smart enough to know that if you don't work, you fall into the trap of drinking/ drugging/ whoring.
Would I work for food/bed/hammock? Not on your fukn life. Would I work for $10 a shift to keep myself out of trouble? Fuk Yeah. Do I need to work for that now? Generally NO, but it's taken a few years to become known and earn a good enough reputation so I can ask for and expect more.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Sorry to interrupt, but what's NFI mean? "No fucking insight"? "No fucking information"?

I've heard the phrase "No fucking clue" but that doesn't fit.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: RE: Re: Dont be a slave

Post by Digg3r »

Hotdigr wrote: Would I work for $10 a shift to keep myself out of trouble? Fuk Yeah. Do I need to work for that now? Generally NO, but it's taken a few years to become known and earn a good enough reputation so I can ask for and expect more.
Its taken you a few years to be worth more than $10/day?

You must feel genuinely appreciated at the end of every night.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: Dont be a slave

Post by Hotdigr »

Digg3r wrote:
Hotdigr wrote: Would I work for $10 a shift to keep myself out of trouble? Fuk Yeah. Do I need to work for that now? Generally NO, but it's taken a few years to become known and earn a good enough reputation so I can ask for and expect more.
Its taken you a few years to be worth more than $10/day?

You must feel genuinely appreciated at the end of every night.
Diggr, you obviously have comprehension problems. So I'll make it simple for you mate - Go and get comprehensively fuked you wanker :hattip:
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

Hotdigr wrote:What an absolute load of bullshit this thread is. Led by people who obviously have NFI.
BKK Trapper, there isn't a bartender in town in an ordinary bar making $300 a month let alone $500. Management is different, but you were never anything but a slave. You never made even $100 cash. Now f off .Oh, you already have? Great news for us, not so good perhaps for the local Malaysian forums, but you are their problem now, not ours thank fuk.
Richard, I've been trying to leave you alone, but you consider $3000 a month a decent wage here? When have you ever made that? How many people do you actually KNOW that make that here? Scobienz? Playboy? Yeah, thats a fair sampling. You talk absolute bullshit mate and you should just stick to the Thailand forums too. You have NFI about contemporary Cambodia.
The old adage that " It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool, then to speak and prove to them you are" applies equally to both you 2. :facepalm:
There are a fair few number of people here who work not because they need to financially, but because they are smart enough to know that if you don't work, you fall into the trap of drinking/ drugging/ whoring.
Would I work for food/bed/hammock? Not on your fukn life. Would I work for $10 a shift to keep myself out of trouble? Fuk Yeah. Do I need to work for that now? Generally NO, but it's taken a few years to become known and earn a good enough reputation so I can ask for and expect more.
i was on 18.25 USD for a 7 hour shift plus 4 $ tips on average a night so thats around 22.25$ a 7 hour shift not bad when you throw in beers a free moto to rent and free snacks but hey thats sirm reap where theres less dodgys around and constant cash flowing in because temple tourists.
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Hotdigr wrote:What an absolute load of bullshit this thread is. Led by people who obviously have NFI.
......and the pay was great plus the benefits of free motorbike
He said he was making GREAT salary
even u would admit that $3,000/month for Cambodia would be great salary, RIGHT

i never said anything about decent salary which would be around $1,200-1,400/month

OK
the old adage that " It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool, then to speak and prove to them you are" applies equally to both you 2. :facepalm:
When have you ever made that?
i have made that much /month and lots more for a few years back in the 80-90's
you dont fucking know me
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

bkktrapper wrote: i was on 18.25 USD for a 7 hour shift plus 4 $ tips on average a night so thats around 22.25$ a 7 hour shift not bad when you throw in beers a free moto to rent and free snacks but hey thats sirm reap where theres less dodgys around and constant cash flowing in because temple tourists.
It's not bad, it's terrible. That's a slave wage.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
bkktrapper
Expatriate

Post by bkktrapper »

John Bingham wrote:
bkktrapper wrote: i was on 18.25 USD for a 7 hour shift plus 4 $ tips on average a night so thats around 22.25$ a 7 hour shift not bad when you throw in beers a free moto to rent and free snacks but hey thats sirm reap where theres less dodgys around and constant cash flowing in because temple tourists.
In Siem reap ? for a person in his 20's travelling ?
ceiling cat is watching you masterbate
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

John Bingham wrote:
Fuck me! Foreigners working for 3-10$++/day, thinking they've got it made! People in most western countries are increasingly bitchin' about immigrants coming to their countries, as happens when the economies deteriorates, but I'm surprise it doesn't happen more here in Cambodia! That'll be the day...third world cambodians complaining about first/second world foreigners stealing their minimum wage jobs! Soon the factory managers will be scouting ocheateal...
For the record I don't frequent any restaurant/bar that hires young westerners at low wages, there are some great foreign business owners that purposefully only hire Khmers at above minimum wage salaries. These businesses are to be commended!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic