Free healthcare for garment workers

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Free healthcare for garment workers

Post by Anchor Moy » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:00 pm

This could be a great idea and is definitely a good plotical move.(That's a typo, but I'll leave it.)
Don't know why I am sceptical ?
Workers in the textile and footwear industry will have their medical expenses covered by the National Social Security Fund (NSSF), following a sub-decree issued yesterday , and officials at the Labor Ministry said workers would spend less than 1 percent of their wage to the NSSF for health services...

“The government has already signed the sub-decree to provide healthcare to workers in the textile and footwear industry, but I cannot tell you yet how much the workers will pay to the NSSF per month for receiving this service,” he said. “We will release another prakas [official notice] this month or next month to announce how much the workers would pay.” ...
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/19547/ ... t-workers/

Stay tuned for the next announcement I guess.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Free healthcare for garment workers

Post by Username Taken » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:47 pm

Anchor Moy wrote:. . . . definitely a good political move.
Actually, I'm seeing quite a number of these recently. :thumb:
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic