Earn up to $8 an Hour Taking Pictures of Prices in Cambodian Supermarkets with your Android Camera Phone

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Do you consider this a scam?

YES
85%
NO
15%

Total votes: 20
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Earn up to $8 an Hour Taking Pictures of Prices in Cambodian Supermarkets with your Android Camera Phone

Post by General Mackevili »

Looks like I have a job lined up for me when I get back to Phnom Penh. Lucky Supermarket might not be so thrilled...

Market research in Cambodia!

***Make $6-8 USD an hour taking pictures at grocery stores/markets***

Download the app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... e.v1&hl=en

Our Mission -- Premise tracks the price of food to help bring transparency to the world around us. If you want to learn more about the company, please read here: https://network.premise.com/en/network/1108/

Responsibilities -- We are looking for people to send pictures and prices of food and other products at grocery stores and markets. You can take the pictures whenever you want - you just need to be in a store or market!

Payment -- We pay $0.12 per picture taken on your Android phone using our app. Some users take 50-70 pictures an hour! We pay once a week via Wing.

Getting started -- Join others in Cambodia making money today :) Download the app here: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.premise.v1&hl

Check your email, as we will send you more information and some training tips by email once you submit this form.

Join the Premise Cambodia community on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PremiseCambodia

Questions? Message us on LINE: Premise.Data

https://premisetest.wufoo.com/forms/mar ... -cambodia/

More info:

Requirements:

To qualify to be a Premise researcher, you must:

1. Live or be able to easily travel to one of the following cities:

- Battambang

- Kampong Cham

- Phnom Penh 

- Siem Reap

- Sihanoukville                            

2. Own an Android smartphone, Version 2.3 or higher.

3. Enable “Location Services” on your phone.

4. Disable any Mock-GPS apps you may have running while using the Premise app.

5. Have a mobile internet package or access to WiFi.

The goal of our work:

Premise Data aims to bring economic transparency throughout the world by monitoring the prices and quantities of goods in different cities. Using data from our researchers, we can better monitor economic forces, such as inflation, and public health forces, such as the outbreak of disease, as well as predict food shortages. Meanwhile, we strive to provide people with a way to make extra money easily using their cell phones. 

Role and responsibilities:

As a researcher for Premise, you will visit stores and marketplaces to find the prices of goods and services in your city. Using our Android app, you will take photos of the goods on your list of missions and follow instructions on the app to type in their prices and quantities. All missions will be completed on your own schedule, perhaps on your daily commute or as you run your errands. You will be paid for each mission/picture you successfully complete and new missions become available weekly, depending on how many missions you complete per week. The more data you find, the more you will get paid.

Payments:

Just link your PayPal account to your account and all payments are done directly through the app with the touch of a button. Our users can make as much as $100 a week by taking photos while shopping or opportunistically, whenever they find one of the products/services on our list of missions. Each product/service can be captured multiple times if you find them in different stores, and your item count resets every Sunday night. You can collect data for Premise anywhere in the metro area of your home-city, as you see fit.

Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or we can help you learn more.

We look forward to welcoming you to the network and working with you soon!

https://network.premise.com/en/network/1108/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Earn up to $8 an Hour Taking Pictures of Prices in Cambodian Supermarkets with your Android Camera Phone

Post by phuketrichard »

also u might find ur kicked out of most stores or worse if u continue
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Earn up to $8 an Hour Taking Pictures of Prices in Cambodian Supermarkets with your Android Camera Phone

Post by Cam Nivag »

Yeah they don't allow it.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

I don't recommend doing this in the town you live...unless you exclusively eat in restaurants.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

that u trapper???
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I was taking a pic of those fancy French potato chip flavours in Thai Huot once and got told off by the manager. He then said it's ok if I hold them in my hand and take the photo (presumably so price info wasn't in the shot) so yes, this is probably actually a thing.

*They were Smoked Salmon and Foie Gras. The French don't do Salt & Vinegar.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Beerinthemorning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Beerinthemorning »

I walk around taking picks in thai hout when im in SR.

I too like to compare thai/ riel/ aud costs.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm that u trapper???
LOL:
guess it was... :plus1:
Abc123
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Abc123 »

Don't need prices per item here. I generally use my Fuckoffemeter.
It reads the highest at Bayon, then a little bit lower at Lucky and SuperDuper, with the lowest reading, but still high compared to Vietnam, at Thai Hout.
Borum-Ex frm TOForum
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Borum-Ex frm TOForum »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:16 pm The French don't do Salt & Vinegar.
The Belgians on th other hand do Vinegar & Salt, completely off topic but worthwhile.

I actually don't give a flying fuck, furthermore nice to meet you all here! :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic