phu quoc island visa rules?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JanKrohn
Expatriate
Germany

Re: phu quoc island visa rules?

Post by JanKrohn »

hanno wrote:I can't think what the other three countries are, AFAIK it only applies to these European countries: Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and United Kingdom.
You've forgotten Russia for example. In Mui Ne, I've had the impression that there are more Russian tourists in Vietnam than from all other European countries combined.
hanno wrote:And 15 days is too short anyway, the impact was almost zero.
If 15 days is too short for a vacation, then that's a great problem to have :D

Vietnam has a better service attitude, better hotel prices, cleaner beaches, less crime than Cambodia. The bus to HCM is not substantially more expensive than to SHV. However, visa fee for four family members used to be a substantial cost for us. I wouldn't call that kind of impact "almost zero".
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

OK, I do not consider Russia as part of Europe.

I am COO for a small hotel chain in Vietnam and I can guarantee you that the visa exemption had no impact. Most of our guests do indeed come for longer than 15 days as they tour the entire country.

Better service attitude, cleaner beaches, less crime? Not what the vast majority of visitors to Vietnam think, the reason very few people come back for a second time. In the North in particular visitors are prone to encounter all sorts of scams, from taxis overcharging, restaurants padding bills, bag snatching. On the Expats in Saigon page one reads almost every day of someone having their phone or bag snatched and Vietnamese get clobbered even more. It is just that things like that do not make the English-language newspapers. Don't get me wrong, I love the place since I first arrived in 1995, but it has its fair share of problems.
Michealway
Tourist

Post by Michealway »

As far as I know, those who directly fly to Phu Quoc will be exempted from Vietnam visa for up to 30 days. It is the same for those traveling to Phu Quoc by boat on a guided tour, while those who travel to Phu Quoc by boat independently will need a Vietnam visa.

For more information, you can contact https://www.vietnam-visa.com/ which I often consult when my issue comes from Vietnam visa.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic