Doctor in Sihanoukville - CT Clinic or ...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Doctor in Sihanoukville - CT Clinic or ...

Post by Anchor Moy »

Friend in SV needs to see a doctor for undiagnosed abdominal pain - not the shits, not constipation and its not apendicitis. I've never needed a doctor in SV so all I can think of is CT Clinic. Does anyone have a better idea for finding a real doctor for tomorrow ?

And Happy New Year to the rest of you ! Cheers :beer1:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Doctor in Sihanoukville - CT Clinic or ...

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

from what ive seen on facebook, CT Clinic has nothing but bad reviews check this out you might find some criticism and recommendations in the comments
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:from what ive seen on facebook, CT Clinic has nothing but bad reviews check this out you might find some criticism and recommendations in the comments
Thanks that was helpful.

This has been on my "to do" list for a while - find the best place to go if something happens - but you always think it will happen later, so you put it off .

This is NOT the case now (I hope), but I'm asking for residents' opinions hypothetically for any future emergency : if you had a serious medical emergency in SV, where would you go ? (And no, you don't have time to go to Thailand or even PP.)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:from what ive seen on facebook, CT Clinic has nothing but bad reviews check this out you might find some criticism and recommendations in the comments
Thanks that was helpful.

This has been on my "to do" list for a while - find the best place to go if something happens - but you always think it will happen later, so you put it off .

This is NOT the case now (I hope), but I'm asking for residents' opinions hypothetically for any future emergency : if you had a serious medical emergency in SV, where would you go ? (And no, you don't have time to go to Thailand or even PP.)
could you give me examples of serious medical emergencies? where i wouldnt have enough time to go to PP or Thailand (just so its easier for me to answer the question) :thumb:
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

The Ruskie doctor at the Erico Clinic knows his stuff if he's still there. My mate swears by him. In the old bus station across from the old Freedom Bar.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Thanks that was helpful.

could you give me examples of serious medical emergencies? where i wouldnt have enough time to go to PP or Thailand (just so its easier for me to answer the question) :thumb:
Well, it could be when you don't know whether its serious, or not, until it gets serious , and then its scary because help is far away. Think possible appendicitis - until it starts to really hurt, you might just think it was something you ate. I won't even get into strokes or heart attacks. Anyway, thats the sort of shit I was thinking of - not always obvious, but can be fatal if not treated correctly.

Back OT: Any suggestions for a competent doctor in SV ? Not CT clinic then- what about the International clinic? Or whoever. Just need a real doctor able to make a diagnosis for the moment. Nothing fancy.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
Thanks that was helpful.

Well, it could be when you don't know whether its serious, or not, until it gets serious , and then its scary because help is far away. Think possible appendicitis - until it starts to really hurt, you might just think it was something you ate. I won't even get into strokes or heart attacks. Anyway, thats the sort of shit I was thinking of - not always obvious, but can be fatal if not treated correctly.

Back OT: Any suggestions for a competent doctor in SV ? Not CT clinic then- what about the International clinic? Or whoever. Just need a real doctor able to make a diagnosis for the moment. Nothing fancy.
if its something i cant wait 4 hours for then i have no idea, its not something ive really thought about tbh id just hope the people around me would take me somewhere half decent, if not, then ive lived a good life lol
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

The clinic across and down a bit from KFC -They were great to me, I had an infection in my mouth and they sorted it out brilliantly.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Try doctor Yen. He does ultrasound scans, in out in about 20 mins. Off main st turn to main market. After Samudara supermarket, turn left, about half way down st on left.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Thanks all for the contributions.

Like Jamie, emergency medical treatment is something I don't want to think about too much, so this made me realise that if an emergency did come up in S...ville, there's not a great choice out there, especially if you need someone in a hurry. And not a lot of info, so if anyone else has good or bad medical experiences in S...ville (not sure what to call it now), please post. Approximate prices for treatment would be helpful too.

A "don't get sick" attitude has been sucessful so far, but who knows when the shit will hit, so the more info available, the better.

Also, your hilarious stories of "doctors" who almost killed you (from any Cambodian location) would be a bit of fun and make us all feel grateful that it happened to someone else. :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic