All Undated News From Cambodian Prime Minister's Facebook Page

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: All Undated News From Cambodian Prime Minister's Facebook Page

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

epidemiks wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:what documents do you need in order to obtain a license? is there a test involved or just like anything else in the kingdom, just pay the money?
You can transfer an intl license, Car for B license, proper motorcycle licence for A2. That'll give you a 12 month licence. Around 35 bucks.

Or, do the full test, and get a 10 year licence, according to the new traffic law. Once the big boss sorts out the fees/bribes (good luck with that) , it should be fairly straight forward.
cool i have a full uk license and i use a international driving permit and dont get no bother with it, but think ill also opt for a proper license as well
I've only every had to provide proof of a 6m+ e type visa, a few photos, and my Australian licence to Lucky Lucky, but the law says you need a few extra thumb stamps:
The new traffic law wrote: Article 45: Except [where] there is an agreement or international convention to mutually recognize driving licenses on a bilateral or multinational basis with the Kingdom of Cambodia, foreigners, who lawfully live and wish to drive on the roads in the Kingdom of Cambodia, shall obtain a Cambodian driving license via either one of the following two ways:

1. Sitting an exam for a driving license like Cambodians,
2. Exchanging their national driving licenses for the Cambodian ones by submitting their applications to the Ministry of Public Works and Transport, and meeting the following requirements:

a. possession of a valid national passport and Cambodian visa,
b. possession of a valid national driving license,
c. having addresses certified by commune or Sangkat chief,
d. possession of a physical certificate,
e. in case the driving license is not in English or French, it shall be translated into Khmer, English or French certified by their embassies, consulates or mission agencies.

Validation of foreigner‟s Cambodian driving licenses obtained via exchange of their national driving licenses shall be in one year. Validation of foreigner‟s Cambodian driving licenses obtained via examination shall have the same during as those of the Cambodians.
Foreigners holding their national driving licenses under Category C, D, and E may not exchange them for the Cambodian ones under Category C, D, and E, but they may exchange them for the Cambodian ones under Category A and B.
how much is it to sit the exam do you know?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Re: All Undated News From Cambodian Prime Minister's Facebook Page

Post by epidemiks »

Not sure. I'd imagine it's supposed to be the same as Cambodians. The article says the complaint was about having to pay $30 for the licence, so I guess the official fee is around there, and the unofficial, expedited service with all exam answers is more.

Whatever the cost, sitting the exam gives you a 10 year licence. I'd rather do that than pay Lucky Lucky $35 bucks a year.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

I thought it was $35 for an exchange licence and its around $120 to sit an exam and more for a 10 year licence, like $250.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I don't know how much Cambodians know about the traffic law. Do the facebook ,radio and tv are the way that people can get reliable information? It seems old thing, but still rumor. What the difference is the fine is higher than normal. I have my driving license valid for 5 years, but police never ask me about driving license when they wanted to fine. Wtf they just stopped everyone were driving same direction without reason and asked us about our original registration cards. The law is the same but they will fine us seriously in 2016. I just really don't understand that why we have to keep the original register card with us while driving? No robbery ? Or we should let them rob us legally ? Why we have to give the original document to anyone whom we lend our motor bike or car? How many people we can trust ? I've read the answer butttt..... Still .... I really don't understand!!!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I think I should ride bicycle or take a bus is better motor bike.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: All Undated News From Cambodian Prime Minister's Facebook Page

Post by juansweetpotato »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
epidemiks wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:what documents do you need in order to obtain a license? is there a test involved or just like anything else in the kingdom, just pay the money?
You can transfer an intl license, Car for B license, proper motorcycle licence for A2. That'll give you a 12 month licence. Around 35 bucks.

Or, do the full test, and get a 10 year licence, according to the new traffic law. Once the big boss sorts out the fees/bribes (good luck with that) , it should be fairly straight forward.
cool i have a full uk license and i use a international driving permit and dont get no bother with it, but think ill also opt for a proper license as well
In 2011 in SNV, I found out that having a license can be worse than not having a license. Because they often want to hold onto it until you give them what they want. All sorts of excuses have always worked for me so far after that first experience. I usually use the one that I'm going to /coming from the beach and there are a lot of thieves there, so I keep it at home. There will be a time when that all changes, but I have a feeling it might not be just yet.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

These days you can just take a photo of the dickhead cop then upload it to samdech's Facebook page.​ See how quick your licence comes back as you hover over the post button.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Gov’t Prepares for Enforcement of New Traffic Law Today

nterior Ministry officials on Thursday laid out more details about plans to beef up road safety in anticipation of a new traffic law that comes into effect nationwide today, and conceded that the effort would not be without its challenges.

Run Rathveasna, who heads the National Police’s public order department, said the plan would not involve hiring more traffic police officers. But he said it would mean longer hours for the 1,750 officers already employed across the country, who until now worked on alternating days, their schedules dependant on where they were stationed.

https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/govt ... ay-104228/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

I hope they will be increased salary.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

No driving test will be taken and the price of issuing license lowered down to 25000 Riel, Said by the Prime minister

According to Todaykh, In during the grand opening of Cambodia’s new overpass 5 Makara named following by his wedding day, on 05 January 2016, the prime minister of Cambodia, HE declared that those who use vehicles need to have driving license. According to the report there are 2.7 million vehicles in Cambodia and only 5.8 percent have driving license.
He added, the price of making driving license has been lowered down from 60000 riel to 25000 rile and there will be no driving test and no charge for health checkup. He also stressed that people don’t need to learn how to drive motorbike as it is complicated
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic