Price and brand for a good seviceable moto

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Price and brand for a good seviceable moto

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I've seen that guy's videos in Iran. Good stuff. On K440 you can search for "road trip thread" or something like that. I've logged several long trips on there (and here?). Countryside around Kratie is pretty crappy. I've been leaNing towards buying a Daelim for ages now. Need to offload two bikes before I buy another one though. The new 1200$ Waves are a steal. The best bike I ever owed was a 100cc Wave. Never missed a beat, even in water well over the exhaust. I'd bought it for 500$ and still regret selling it.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

AE86 in a distance dusty province;

Local
"Hello barang! Why you come here. So happy you come here! No see Barang on Honda Dream!"

AE86
"Actually this is a Cub. This model is the round headlight version. You know I've covered nearly 100k on the same engine, which by the way is four speed - unlike your Daelim which is a licence copy of the "New Gen" 100cc..hello, where are you going, come back!"

Local
"Fuuuuuuckkkk!"
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

^^Not white, no one gives me a second glance. ;)
Jamie_Lambo wrote: what are the buy/sell prices for a good 2nd hand cub?
Largely varies on year and condition, but if you do get one, I'd recommend a "fresh off the container" version so it's not bodged up and full of Chinese junk.

Round Cub 90s anywhere from $900 ish up to $1,500, and Square Cub 90s $1,100 to $1,800 ish. There are so many years and condition variations, the price largely varies. The lower priced versions would be something like a crappy mid 80's Cub, and the high priced would be like an 05' and up. You can still get new "old stock" Cubs (2012) for $2,200 from some dealers.

70s are cheaper obviously as are 50s, but if you're traveling long distance, I'd spring the cash for a 90 and a new tall gear chain set. You'll do much better on fuel and the engine will be much happier spinning slower.
-insert signature here
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

AE86 wrote:^^Not white, no one gives me a second glance. ;)
Jamie_Lambo wrote: what are the buy/sell prices for a good 2nd hand cub?
Largely varies on year and condition, but if you do get one, I'd recommend a "fresh off the container" version so it's not bodged up and full of Chinese junk.

Round Cub 90s anywhere from $900 ish up to $1,500, and Square Cub 90s $1,100 to $1,800 ish. There are so many years and condition variations, the price largely varies. The lower priced versions would be something like a crappy mid 80's Cub, and the high priced would be like an 05' and up. You can still get new "old stock" Cubs (2012) for $2,200 from some dealers.

70s are cheaper obviously as are 50s, but if you're traveling long distance, I'd spring the cash for a 90 and a new tall gear chain set. You'll do much better on fuel and the engine will be much happier spinning slower.

thanks in advance for the advice mate, much appreciated, you will no doubt be hearing from me again over the next few months about it :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:I've seen that guy's videos in Iran. Good stuff. On K440 you can search for "road trip thread" or something like that. I've logged several long trips on there (and here?). Countryside around Kratie is pretty crappy. I've been leaNing towards buying a Daelim for ages now. Need to offload two bikes before I buy another one though. The new 1200$ Waves are a steal. The best bike I ever owed was a 100cc Wave. Never missed a beat, even in water well over the exhaust. I'd bought it for 500$ and still regret selling it.
yeah i watched the Iran one yesterday, he had such a good experience doing it, put in some miles n all!
yeah ill have a look for the logs over the next couple of days when i get some time (between seeing family)
or if you come across them post the links on here ;)
cheers mate :thumb:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

This is the link, unfortunately it seems like all the pictures have dead links now, making it a bit lame and uninteresting to read. Maybe some of the later reports still have some active links.
[The Old Forum link removed.]
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:This is the link, unfortunately it seems like all the pictures have dead links now, making it a bit lame and uninteresting to read. Maybe some of the later reports still have some active links.
[The Old Forum link removed.]

cheers mate will no doubt give it a read anyway mate, will still be interesting, thanks for the link :thumb:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

started reading through them mate, theyre a good read, and agree its a shame about the photos!
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Well my friend wound up buying a 2011 Honda Dream 125cc with 3858 kms on it for $1120.

Did she get a good, bad or average deal?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Otis wrote:Well my friend wound up buying a 2011 Honda Dream 125cc with 3858 kms on it for $1120.

Did she get a good, bad or average deal?
No idea if that's a good deal, but the Honda Dream comes out N°1 on the "most likely to get stolen" thread : https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/post106 ... am#p106888
And there was a thread about 3 kids being shot for a HD not long ago. :(
(Sorry not to sound more positive.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic