Bathing naked with your younger kids considered pedophile ?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Bathing naked with your younger kids considered pedophile ?

Post by prahkeitouj »

When I was young, my dad still helped us to take a bath. I think there wasn't many dads do it for their kids, but my dad could help mum to wash our clothes and cook food.
Honestly, I never see my parents or my siblings naked. We do care about our bodies. It's shameful if anyone see our body.

BTW I see some people post their kids naked on Facebook too. I get sick to tell them about what they post.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Stanisław wrote:off topic maybe , but Gandhi has a thing or two to explain about his obsession for sleeping with young kids.
:thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Anchor Moy wrote:
After having read this article and some interesting comments about this article, it made me think of Cambodian. In our society topic of sex is almost a taboo and no doubt, most of use grew up with little knowledge of sexuality and anatomy and especially those who are living in the remote areas. Parents are too shy to share with their kids about sexuality and leave alone taking bath naked with their children. Cambodian parents would be so embarrassed and shamed if their kids accidentally saw their sexual organs or caught them getting laid and it is a big deal while half of the world don't see it as a big deal and think it is something that their children need to know.

Should the topic of sexuality be widely discussed in Cambodia? Why and Why not?
@OP:
Lots of questions possible. A couple of things come to mind from your comment on this article. But for me it is your question that reveals a big cultural difference between your own attitude to nudity and mine. I don't dare speak for "all" westerners, but I think that for most of us "nudity" and "sexuality" are not automatically linked. Seeing your parents naked and seeing them having sex are totally different things.

So, just to make it clear for me, would you say that adult nudity is automatically considered sexual for Cambodians ? Do adults think that there is something dirty, shameful or harmful in the sight of a naked body that children should be protected from ? Or does it come from religion?
I just ask that because in western culture, when people are scared of nudity, we usually think it is a problem coming from religion teaching people to be ashamed of their body, and that nakedness is sinful.(ie, that it is sexual.)

In Cambodia, I guess I just thought that there is a lot of cultural modesty. Given that traditionally Cambodian families sleep in the same room and sometimes the same bed; do you think this taboo on nudity has developed as a sort of protection against incest ? That's really all I can come up with.

Ok, that's me on nudity. Someone else can deal with the sex ed.
Personally i think for most of Cambodian we consider adult nudity is automatically considered sexual. For most of Cambodians when it comes to nudity they would associate with sexual. Yes adult do think that there is something shameful in the sight of a naked body that children should be protected from. We think the adult sexual organs is different from the younger one, i think that refer to the size and some other things that adult have and they don't want the younger one to see or know about it. They want younger people to learn about it when they reach a particular age in which their body start to develop. I don't think it comes from the religion.

I am not sure whether the habit of sleeping together on one bed could prevent the incest, however as a Cambodian, we always have been told that having sex with your sibling or your close relative is really wrong and we were always encouraged not to do it. However, it still happen.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:When I was young, my dad still helped us to take a bath. I think there wasn't many dads do it for their kids, but my dad could help mum to wash our clothes and cook food.
Honestly, I never see my parents or my siblings naked. We do care about our bodies. It's shameful if anyone see our body.

BTW I see some people post their kids naked on Facebook too. I get sick to tell them about what they post.
*This

It applies to many Cambodian.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Rama
Expatriate

Post by Rama »

Interestingly the word 'ខ្មាស' is commonly used as an adjective = 'to be ashamed, be embarrassed, feel shy, timid.'
Or as a verb = 'to regret doing something; to lose face; to avoid doing something' and can aldo be used as a noun = 'shame; shyness'.

ខ្មាស also has a second meaning = 'genitals'.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:When I was young, my dad still helped us to take a bath. I think there wasn't many dads do it for their kids, but my dad could help mum to wash our clothes and cook food.

*This

Sorry I don't buy this. There is a lot of young children walking around / playing naked in Phnom Penh and even more in the provinces.

You would never see this in the western world.

I can't see how you can say Cambodians are so "shy". My guess is when you are younger your family members saw you naked. This is the same as the original topic so I feel it is relevant

I agree as you get older you are more protective about being naked but that is the same the world over. This is about young children and their parents / guardians.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Samouth wrote:

*This

Sorry I don't buy this. There is a lot of young children walking around / playing naked in Phnom Penh and even more in the provinces.

You would never see this in the western world.

I can't see how you can say Cambodians are so "shy". My guess is when you are younger your family members saw you naked. This is the same as the original topic so I feel it is relevant

I agree as you get older you are more protective about being naked but that is the same the world over. This is about young children and their parents / guardians.
yeah dont know about PP but kids in SHV tend to flaunt around naked or just in a tshirt
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

funny, i said EXACTLY the same thing,
walk around any village an half the kids under 5 are semi naked

u dont get more protective as u age, u do accept societies moral code

there is NOTHING wrong with the human body and being naked an has fuck all to do with being a Pedophile, which is something u have zero control over>
u think pedophiles want to be what they are?

suppose next ur going to say Katoeys want to be katoeys
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i was driving up victory hill on the corner of the bar street one afternoon not much past lunchtime (maybe 2pm), and there was a woman probably in her 40's walking around topless without a care in the world like she was out in the boonies, i nearly fell off my moto as i rubbernecked it lol they was a lovely pair to be fair haha
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i was driving up victory hill on the corner of the bar street one afternoon not much past lunchtime (maybe 2pm), and there was a woman probably in her 40's walking around topless without a care in the world like she was out in the boonies, i nearly fell off my moto as i rubbernecked it lol they was a lovely pair to be fair haha

Yea, I saw her to, but the rear view was better.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic