North Bright American School (NAS) Might be the Sketchiest School in Cambodia [Warning To Female Teachers]

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

North Bright American School (NAS) Might be the Sketchiest School in Cambodia [Warning To Female Teachers]

Post by General Mackevili »

From the Cambodia Scammers Facebook Page:

ALERT for all teachers / teacher assistants in the Phnom Penh area (especially female!):

So I have 2 weeks to kill before this new management job starts with a great established school in January. I'm bored, looking for something to fill my time till then. I applied at a bunch of B-rated schools, one of them called "NAS". On the job advert (legit bongthom.com type site) there was no address, no information about the school, etc.

I called the number listed and a Bangladeshi (his words) guy named "Alex" talked to me. He would not give me the address, no school information provided, he insisted I get on a moto and he would give directions to "his place". I insisted that if he just gave me the school address I'd know the area. He asked "Cool cool, fine so you know where Wat (muffled sounds) is then?" I said, "No, is there another landmark nearby?" He replied "Hahaaaaa well of COURSE you don't, of course you don't know, wow, I know it is hard with the woman and the directions hahaha!"

At that point I hung up the phone. Tonight I got a text from him at 8pm saying the following "You must meet me at my place at 8:30, give your phone to the moto taxi or you don't get the job." I'll edit my language of choice but my response was essentially: "I do not have to meet you anywhere. I don't care who you are or if this is for a job, no legit employer would demand a late night interview with a female at "his place" with 30 minutes notice and no address. I'll alert the police if you ever contact me again."

My advice - do not mess with this shit hole. You can see by their Facebook alone, a whole 18 likes, no western staff, no website or ANY marketing information provided, and no kids... seems as legit as everything I experienced. Especially given that the email I was corresponding by was only weirdo "alex" and who was the only one to contact me, and the official school address is [email protected] "somewhere near Russey Keo".

http://www.pelprek.com/job/1444/foreign ... acher.html

https://www.facebook.com/Northbright-Am ... e&app_data

However, if you still want to apply, here you go:

HOW TO APPLY

please feel free to contact at 015-260550 , to mr.Alex or  mr.veasna at 096-2009027

or email us at [email protected] or [email protected]

:facepalm:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: North Bright American School (NAS) Might be the Sketchiest School in Cambodia [Warning To Female Teachers]

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah it is pretty creepy tbh
they dont appear to be as professional as their advert portrays
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: North Bright American School (NAS) Might be the Sketchiest School in Cambodia [Warning To Female Teachers]

Post by juansweetpotato »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah it is pretty creepy tbh
The OF says it is not North Bright but some shyster.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

juansweetpotato wrote:
ahhh, as in like using their advert(as a fake) and using his contact details?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Could very well be. Seems the dude was beyond inappropriate.

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Well AIA seems to reckon Northbright are OK. I have no idea about them myself. The ad looks genuine, but don't know that website. What she reports seems creepy. 8.30 PM?
I have had ELT phone ask me to go for an interview at 7.30 am before. I asked them politely if they had any later times available and they said. '"Well we don't need you anyway, we have plenty of teachers" then he put the phone down. No, Cambodians aren't rude. lol

Anyhow :popcorn:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: North Bright American School (NAS) Might be the Sketchiest School in Cambodia [Warning To Female Teachers]

juansweetpotato wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Well AIA seems to reckon Northbright are OK. I have no idea about them myself. The ad looks genuine, but don't know that website. What she reports seems creepy. 8.30 PM?
I have had ELT phone ask me to go for an interview at 7.30 am before. I asked them politely if they had any later times available and they said. '"Well we don't need you anyway, we have plenty of teachers" then he put the phone down. No, Cambodians aren't rude. lol

Anyhow Imageopcorn:
The site is similar to BongThom.com and they've been posting ads 3+ years that I can remember.

Haha, ELT is a hilarious "school."

I dropped off a CV there once. Had a missed call before I got home 15 mins later. They asked if I could come in for an interview at 5. I got there and they skipped the interview and asked if I could just hang around to teach at 530pm.
:good:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: RE: Re: North Bright American School (NAS) Might be the Sketchiest School in Cambodia [Warning To Female Teachers]

General Mackevili wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:

Anyhow Imageopcorn:
The site is similar to BongThom.com and they've been posting ads 3+ years that I can remember.

Haha, ELT is a hilarious "school."

I dropped off a CV there once. Had a missed call before I got home 15 mins later. They asked if I could come in for an interview at 5. I got there and they skipped the interview and asked if I could just hang around to teach at 530pm.
:good:
Thanks for that, another site for job hunting added to the list.

That must have been the old days. I had to go through a western style interview with an Aryan Khmer looking down on me from an elevated platform.
Alex007007
Tourist

Post by Alex007007 »

Dear Christine , its me the Alex , about whom you posted with REFERENCE to NAS, with all due regards , let me apologize to you for any inconvenience and all, secondly can you help me figure out who send you the text at 8:00pm to come at 8:30PM , i do respect all ladies , and myself have two elder sisters , for me you are as respected as my own sisters, I am sure its not me the one who text you , my only mobile number is 015260550, can you please double check , also help me to come out of this situation by deleting the post as a well wisher and a professional colleague , after all we are in to the same field of EDUCATION , we are expat teachers , my school top management is concerned about the post you made on 16th December and it can impact my job ..thanks in advance for your appreciable understanding and kind and quick response .. Regards - ALEX
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Alex007007 wrote:Dear Christine , its me the Alex , about whom you posted with REFERENCE to NAS, with all due regards , let me apologize to you for any inconvenience and all, secondly can you help me figure out who send you the text at 8:00pm to come at 8:30PM , i do respect all ladies , and myself have two elder sisters , for me you are as respected as my own sisters, I am sure its not me the one who text you , my only mobile number is 015260550, can you please double check , also help me to come out of this situation by deleting the post as a well wisher and a professional colleague , after all we are in to the same field of EDUCATION , we are expat teachers , my school top management is concerned about the post you made on 16th December and it can impact my job ..thanks in advance for your appreciable understanding and kind and quick response .. Regards - ALEX
Hi, Alex.

Are you saying she's lying, someone else called and she's confused, or what?

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic