Khmer440 & Pedros, Yo Mama, Khmer News Translations, Cabbages and Kings...

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Khmer440 & Pedros, Yo Mama, Khmer News Translations, Cabbages and Kings...

Post by frank lee bent »

what is all this stuff ABOUT anyway>
what is it FOR?

regarding my Brother's Death GM, i found it in Alta Vista
I started writing html in 1998 so remember those old search engines pre google
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I used alta Vista. I didn't transition over to Google until I got my first android phone. Now completely immersed in their ecosystem.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Ed Hammer wrote:Hey chill out guys, this is most un-CEO like.Maybe you should take a break and vote on my Religion of Peace thread!
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/asinine ... t7208.html
Meanwhile you should be training for your big fight not pottering about on an internet forum. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: K440 & Pedros

Post by General Mackevili »

frank lee bent wrote:I would also leave the dead people out of the news here.
As I have mentioned repeatedly, I learned of my Brother's murder in Honduras from a forum, Thankfully, the elder members of my family were not savvy enough to see the discussion.
I seem to recall both forums were DDOS'ed a while back over these reports.
frank lee bent wrote:what is all this stuff ABOUT anyway>
what is it FOR?

regarding my Brother's Death GM, i found it in Alta Vista
I started writing html in 1998 so remember those old search engines pre google
You're saying we shouldn't report on deaths in Cambodia, or do you just mean we shouldn't include the images?

I actually meant did you actively seek out info about your brother, or what?

For one, we do NOT allow a complete lack of respect when posting on someone's death thread, so I generally don't think comments are a problem here on CEO.

So, I think we should (as a favor to family, friends or anyone else interested in a case) include as much info as possible, including images (with a warning, of course).

So what was your issue with that forum? The disrespectful comments, the images without warnings, the fact that authorities were too slow to inform you first, the forum was too fast, etc?

I know we'll never all agree on a protocol, and I always lean towards freedom of information, offensive or not, with warning of course.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

General Mackevili wrote:
3. What? Me? No way! I think maybe you're getting a bit confused (which is rare) about who said what. We don't allow shit like that on CEO, period. Seriously, that goes for members we're fond of and the occasional member weren't not do fond of. If we see a post containing something personal about another member, we delete it quickly. If any member reports something they feel is a violation of their privacy, we quickly act, always in favor of making sure that their privacy is protected.
I agree that you don't usually allow that, I was referring to this thread mostly. Personally, I think there is way too much navel-gazing on the forum, threads about posters meeting other posters, threads about the other forum, threads about threads, etc. I don't like interacting with human beings other than online so I also don't like threads about such interactions.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Good to see I'm not the only one who has Samouth's back. He is a young bloke, trying to make his mark in HIS country, that is fast being fukd up by transients and colonial thinkin expars
And Scobz, I apologise for my comment and have deleted it. It was directed at that fukwit TTM, but I was so angry over the editing ( and you were involved in that) of the posts it spilled over to all the admins on your site. I have mainly respect for you and nothing BUT respect for Playboy, Joon and Scoffer

Edited to remove juvenile personal attacks
Last edited by Hotdigr on Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

It is the unseemly and unfounded speculation on the manner of the deceased's passing that causes distress to family members.
I can't see a place for it aside from maybe an obituary column.
unless it is a particularly noteworthy crime.
i mean- ppl die in cheap hotels and guesthouses all over the world daily.
not really news.
died from excess wind is not very informative.
copy and paste news is pointless
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

frank lee bent wrote:It is the unseemly and unfounded speculation on the manner of the deceased's passing that causes distress to family members.
I can't see a place for it aside from maybe an obituary column.
I agree 100%, but this reply should be posted on K440, not this forum. They are far and away the biggest indulgers in idle, hurtful speculation.
frank lee bent wrote:copy and paste news is pointless
I disagree. Unless you speak fluent Khmer, you can't understand the news broadcasts here. The majority of the daily news is reported by Cambodian journalists, in Cambodian. While I'm not trying to knock people like Jack, he doesn't "Break" any news stories here,there are no "stop the front page, I've got a scoop" moments by him or any other western journalists. They follow up stories that have already been reported on by the Cambodian press. Sure, they may then take it further and to levels that the local press never would, but ALL the stories here come initially from the Cambodian media.
That's why cut and paste, ISN'T pointless here, we would be completely uninformed otherwise.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

hotdgr wrote: I'm just a skirt wearing sissy who hasn't the balls to make a proper threat.
So you finally saw the light then?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
frank lee bent wrote: As I have mentioned repeatedly, I learned of my Brother's murder in Honduras from a forum,
I was pissed as shit when I was at summer camp as a kid, and when I got home I was told my dog died a few weeks earlier. WTF? I want to know things as soon as possible, by any means. That's just me, I guess.
know about that feeling, i didnt find out about my mums cancer until i came back to surprise her for her birthday, all the times they skyped me and never said anything because they didnt want me over here (was living in SR at the time) worrying about it, its something that i would have preferred knowing about as soon as everyone else found out
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic