Khmer440 & Pedros, Yo Mama, Khmer News Translations, Cabbages and Kings...

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: K440 & Pedros

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote:
I do have a problem ( as many know) with Samouth tying to fit in with English speakers ( and at times trying to teach us English) and trying to show he is one of us, he isn't , no more than we can be thai or Khmer just cause we can speak the language and have spent xx ears her
Dude, you're in no position to criticize anyone's use of English. Your posts are riddled with spelling mistakes, incorrect punctuation, run on sentences and ridiculous text-speak abbreviations.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

so i miss a few letters here and there
fuck off :stir:

if you dont get my meaning, i am not writing for you
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

LoL, I didn't know there were so many grammar Nazis around.

Maybe you want your forum to only be open to old grizzled native speaking expats, but we want CEO open to everyone.

And meanwhile the only "breaking news" you have on your site is shitty Google Translate crap. While I'm not knocking the individual who takes the time to do them, they just suck.

To each their own.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: K440 & Pedros

Post by General Mackevili »

frank lee bent wrote: As I have mentioned repeatedly, I learned of my Brother's murder in Honduras from a forum,
Out of curiosity, how did that play out? Someone sent you a link? You did a Google search? You were a member of that forum, or what?

Personally, if one of my loved ones died, I'd want to know as soon as possible. Sure, it would be best (I guess) to hear it from the embassy, but if they're slower than a forum, well, I'd thank the forum and blame the embassy for being to slow.

I was pissed as shit when I was at summer camp as a kid, and when I got home I was told my dog died a few weeks earlier. WTF? I want to know things as soon as possible, by any means. That's just me, I guess.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

logos wrote:
I just pointed out your mistakes as you always said that my English is suck
For christ sake can't any of the so called English teachers here put samouth out of his constant misery?

It's irritating enough to see such rubbish in posts. It's even worse in headers. I just hope samouth never gets to write in any real newspapers, as he's apparently incapable of learning, or forgets it all again the next day.
No need. Thanks. I think I am not in misery.

If don't those are rubbishes, please don't bother to read them. You are free to just skip them.

FYI. I don't think I will get the job and well done guys. Therefore, you will never see any articles by me. BTW, it seems like you slightly know or absolutely know nothing about how English newspaper system here works. Normally the Cambodian reporters work side by side with foreign reporters. The Cambodian reporters find stories and try to get as much as the information of the story. Then, the Cambodian reporters need to write the story in English and after that the foreign reports will check and edit and publish it.

I hope you can learn something from this post.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote:so i miss a few letters here and there

No, it's far worse than that. You have the cheek to criticize another posters English, yet you have a very poor command of the language yourself. Your rude response show you are in denial about this, probably due to low self esteem. There are adult literacy classes you can attend, and I hear they are much cheaper in Thailand than Cambodia.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

John Bingham wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:so i miss a few letters here and there

No, it's far worse than that. You have the cheek to criticize another posters English, yet you have a very poor command of the language yourself. Your rude response show you are in denial about this, probably due to low self esteem. There are adult literacy classes you can attend, and I hear they are much cheaper in Thailand than Cambodia.
Reports of your drowning seem to have made you even tetchier than usual Lucky old boy. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

General Mackevili wrote:LoL, I didn't know there were so many grammar Nazis around.

Maybe you want your forum to only be open to old grizzled native speaking expats, but we want CEO open to everyone.

And meanwhile the only "breaking news" you have on your site is shitty Google Translate crap. While I'm not knocking the individual who takes the time to do them, they just suck.

To each their own.
:please:
how is it breaking news, if it was taken from somewhere else?
Normally the Cambodian reporters work side by side with foreign reporters. The Cambodian reporters find stories and try to get as much as the information of the story. Then, the Cambodian reporters need to write the story in English and after that the foreign reports will check and edit and publish it.
so in effect the English reporter is NOT a reporter but a copy editor and /or an Assignment editor which is how it works all over the world

A reporter REPORTS the news, a copy editor / Assignment editors cleans up the story, checks accuracy, grammar, punctuation & misspelled words
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tadpole
Expatriate

Re: Khmer440 & Pedros, Yo Mama, Khmer News Translations, Cabbages and Kings...

Post by Tadpole »

Things are getting bad when native speakers of English have to stoop to criticizing a local over their English skills.

Typically, these kind of losers have to travel to distant countries before they can find someone whose language skills are below theirs.

Says more about the critics than their target.
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Re: Khmer440 & Pedros, Yo Mama, Khmer News Translations, Cabbages and Kings...

Post by Ed Hammer »

Hey chill out guys, this is most un-CEO like.Maybe you should take a break and vote on my Religion of Peace thread!
https://cambodiaexpatsonline.com/asinine ... t7208.html
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic