Zic Zac Bar Sihanoukville

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: zick zack bar sihanoukville

Post by SinnSisamouth »

hanno wrote:
SinnSisamouth wrote:
one_dolla wrote:yeah the mains gas line has a leak in it.
oh and while we are at it most of the Pub street bars charge $1 for a draught beer.
Pub street is nowhere near Zic Zac.
Is that good or bad?
Equally bad.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

You can also say that zig zag is more or less equidistant from pub street to Victory Hill bars street :beer2:
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

hanno wrote:
one_dolla wrote:oh and while we are at it most of the Pub street bars charge $1 for a draught beer.
I know quite a few that do 50-Cent beers and a couple that sell at 35 Cents or at least used to.
I think he means the Pub street down here, formerly known as Golden Lion Plaza, not Pub st. S.R Hanno. And none of them here do beers for 50c, let alone 35c!
I fact I have heard that most are now doing $1.25 beers and $3.50 lady drinks. And they wonder why its so dead lol!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hotdigr wrote:
hanno wrote:
one_dolla wrote:oh and while we are at it most of the Pub street bars charge $1 for a draught beer.
I know quite a few that do 50-Cent beers and a couple that sell at 35 Cents or at least used to.
I think he means the Pub street down here, formerly known as Golden Lion Plaza, not Pub st. S.R Hanno. And none of them here do beers for 50c, let alone 35c!
I fact I have heard that most are now doing $1.25 beers and $3.50 lady drinks. And they wonder why its so dead lol!
i''m sure a few of the bars do deals/happy hours, the first one on the right(i think) and stevie cs (the only bars ive been in down there i think so cant vouch for the rest) ive only ever had a drank there on a few occasions when meeting friends, so i could be wrong, but it is niggling at my brain that they had some deal on, 50c beers before 9pm or something, maybe it was buy 1 get 1 free, i could be getting muddled up with something but as i said....the niggling.... lol
i know for certain stevie c had deals on during the rugby world cup

just had a quick look on facebook...

Stevie C's Sports Bar
4 December at 13:16 ·
Stoke v man c 7-45pm ko
50c draft beer until first goal scored

Stevie C's Sports Bar
22 September ·
Every Thursday happy hour
8 pm to 9 pm 75c draft.

Stevie C's Sports Bar
20 September ·
Spurs v crystal p 7-30pm ko
50c draft untill first goal scored

Stevie C's Sports Bar
13 September ·
Sunday13tth Sep
S'land v Spurs 7-30pm ko
50c draft untill first goal scored
Leicester v A villa 10-00pm ko
50c draft unill first goal scored

Stevie C's Sports Bar
11 September ·
Sat 12th Aug.
Everton v Chelsea 6-45 ko
50c draft until first gosl scored.
All 9-00pm games
50c draft until first goal scored
Mam u v Liverpool 11-30
75c draft beer till first goal scored. Only at Stevie Cs Sports Bar. Pub Street.

etc. etc.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Zic Zac Bar Sihanoukville

Post by SinnSisamouth »

50c beers until first goal scored? Whoopdydoo!
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

thats not the point, the fact they do 50c beers was the point, if the game ends 0-0, thats an hour n half of 50c beers, and with some games being on at different times that could lead up to 6 hours of 50c beers, i dont care i dont drink there, just saying lol
CowshedCowboyRedux
Expatriate

Post by CowshedCowboyRedux »

Could be a cheap night whenever Aston Villa play Man Utd :D
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:thats not the point, the fact they do 50c beers was the point, if the game ends 0-0, thats an hour n half of 50c beers, and with some games being on at different times that could lead up to 6 hours of 50c beers, i dont care i dont drink there, just saying lol
The actual point is, is that some bars are more equal there then others. There is a " body corporate" style of management in place. The majority of bars are told what price they can charge and can have their lease voided if they don't abide by the rules.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hotdigr wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:thats not the point, the fact they do 50c beers was the point, if the game ends 0-0, thats an hour n half of 50c beers, and with some games being on at different times that could lead up to 6 hours of 50c beers, i dont care i dont drink there, just saying lol
The actual point is, is that some bars are more equal there then others. There is a " body corporate" style of management in place. The majority of bars are told what price they can charge and can have their lease voided if they don't abide by the rules.
really? is that the majority of bars in town or just the ones in pubstreet?
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

PUB STREET ONLY: the bar owners have regular meetings to discuss business issues in the street. for years they all agreed to keep draft at $1. Made prefect sense to me as a customer. Then in the wet season this year when some of the owners were away the remainder decided to up the price by 25c, in itself not a great issue but done at at time when only local expats were the customers, not the winter holiday crowd that come through from Nov-Mar. Then the holidaying bar owners returned and stuck to the the $1 price. Then Shipwreck and Stevie C's started the 50c before a goal/try promo.
Most of the bars are now back to $1 draft all the time. A lot easier on change for them never mind anything else!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic