Cambo V Thai

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Cambo V Thai

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote: Sihanoukville is a shithole but there will be plenty of posters along shortly saying it is not true.
its not true! :roll: hahaha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

plakapong wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:As one who has lived in both. ( Thailand since 84. Cambodia 2008-2009, than back to Thailand) For my lifestlye i prefer Thailand. Go to cambodia frquently, was down in Kep last month, liked it and if I had to could stay, but still thailand wins
Thanks for the reply, maybe I just need to get away from Pattaya? I'm not really into the P4P scene anyway and just like the quiet life. I still intend to visit soon though just to satisfy my curiosity.
Cheers
maybe try out Hua Hin i used to live there, nice place

i prefer the people and culture in Cambodia though
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
plakapong
Tourist

Post by plakapong »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
plakapong wrote:
phuketrichard wrote:As one who has lived in both. ( Thailand since 84. Cambodia 2008-2009, than back to Thailand) For my lifestlye i prefer Thailand. Go to cambodia frquently, was down in Kep last month, liked it and if I had to could stay, but still thailand wins
Thanks for the reply, maybe I just need to get away from Pattaya? I'm not really into the P4P scene anyway and just like the quiet life. I still intend to visit soon though just to satisfy my curiosity.
Cheers
maybe try out Hua Hin i used to live there, nice place

i prefer the people and culture in Cambodia though
Yes I've been there a few times nice place, cheers
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

It amuses me a little that this question gets asked so frequently. Only YOU can answer the question. Come over and spend a bit of time here in different places and see which place, if any suits you. Its not like you have to spend a fortune in travel and visa's to come here for a month and check it out. You can get a bus from Bangkok or Pattaya to PP or S/ville for just over 20 bucks and a 1 month visa for 30. If you can't afford that, then I think all of us who live here would agree that you just stay the fuk where you are!

It's horses for courses. Hanno loves Siem Reap and is happy there. I love Sihanoukville and am happy here. Various other poster love Phnom Penh and are happy there. fuk alone knows why though? (Just joshin' boys!)
No different from people who love Melbourne and hate Sydney. Or I would imagine love L.A and hate New York, London/Manchester etc,etc.
Don't ask other people to answer your personal questions, DISCOVER the answer for yourself. The world is your oyster, don't ask someone else to shuck it for you :beer3:
shnoukieBRO
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by shnoukieBRO »

Cool places to live in Thailand? Chiang mai, Pai, Chiang Rai... Kanchanaburi, Samui, Ko Pan Gan, Ko Lanta, Krabi, Islands. ..Pattaya is now far too busy.

Cool places to live in Cambodia... Siem reap; PP; Sihanoukville; Kep.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

shnoukieBRO wrote:Cool places to live in Thailand? Chiang mai, Pai, Chiang Rai... Kanchanaburi, Samui, Ko Pan Gan, Ko Lanta, Krabi, Islands. ..Pattaya is now far too busy.

Cool places to live in Cambodia... Siem reap; PP; Sihanoukville; Kep.
For Thailand u picked all the places ( except Chiang Rai & Koh Lanta ) i would never consider living. way to many backpackers, cheap charlies, Chinese
IF and thats a big if, i didn't love the sea, i would be up in Chaing Rai/Fang area.

Cambodia, been everywhere and the ONLY place i would consider moving to, ( and only if i had to), would be Kep
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Tadpole
Expatriate

Post by Tadpole »

Let's hope Kep will honor the world by accepting a non-critical American whose government had bombed the shit out of them, but still insisted on criticizing them for their English skills
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Hotdigr wrote:
It's horses for courses. Hanno loves Siem Reap and is happy there. I love Sihanoukville and am happy here. Various other poster love Phnom Penh and are happy there. fuk alone knows why though? (Just joshin' boys!).
EDIT -
And Richard hates anywhere that he isn't comfortable in and doesn't like. That seems to be All of Cambodia, bar Kep, and most of Thailand by the looks of his last post.

Edited to take out immature name calling by me.
Last edited by Hotdigr on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

phuketrichard wrote:
For Thailand u picked all the places ( except Chiang Rai & Koh Lanta ) i would never consider living. way to many backpackers, cheap charlies, Chinese
IF and thats a big if, i didn't love the sea, i would be up in Chaing Rai/Fang area.
Phuket,one of the worlds biggest shitholes. Phuket - home of the ladyboy,the jetski scam, the WORST Tuk tuk mafia in the world, jewelry scammers, scopalmine dancers, the 2nd floor gogo mafia et al.

Edited to take out personal references.
Last edited by Hotdigr on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

If you're happy wherever you are, then good for you.
If you're not happy then move on.

Hotdigr, you're getting a little too personal here. Give it a rest.

Cheers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic