Religion of Peace

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Which is the Religion of Peace Judaism Christianity or Islam

Poll ended at Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:13 pm

Judaism
33%
Christianity
No votes
Islam
67%

Total votes: 3
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: RE: Re: Religion of Peace

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Tadpole wrote:
General Mackevili wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:the universe is so scientifically finely tuned that it would be impossible for it to have just happened by chance, ...
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
But what we perceive as finely-tuned might in fact be chaos.

in which case.......

Re: which religion, the meaning of holy is ' set apart', and therefore it is by nature divisive/ non-inclusive. I fail to see how anything that is by definition exclusive can be peaceful.

I ma likewise concerned ta some peoples ignorance of their own religion, despite them being adults and ergo parctising it for a minimum of 18 years.
by finely tuned i mean that in some aspects of the cosmos if certain things were just a decimal place different then the whole balance would be thrown out and the universe would not exist how it is now, but it is so hard to keep up with whats "up to date" as scientists are coming up with new "theories" all the time, but thats all they are, Theories, educated guesses, until we understand more about things like the higgs boson, dark matter, black holes etc
"If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?"
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Tadpole
Expatriate

Re: Religion of Peace

Post by Tadpole »

But we have been conditioned to see it as sense/order. it may in reality be a complete bloody mess, we just think it's cool.

A guy from PNG thinks he's found a really hot broad, but I would run a mile.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Speaking of chaos, who's up for a drink?
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:the universe is so scientifically finely tuned that it would be impossible for it to have just happened by chance, scientists only explanation for how it could be so finely tuned by chance is that there must be a near infinite number of multiple universes, space fascinates me, there is far more to space than what our brains can absorb as reality, the worst thing is that we will never fully understand it either, humans have been trying to decipher it for thousands of years and we are forever learning new things, but each new thing learnt makes everything harder and crazier to understand,
I become so confused. I'm not religious.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:the universe is so scientifically finely tuned that it would be impossible for it to have just happened by chance, scientists only explanation for how it could be so finely tuned by chance is that there must be a near infinite number of multiple universes, space fascinates me, there is far more to space than what our brains can absorb as reality, the worst thing is that we will never fully understand it either, humans have been trying to decipher it for thousands of years and we are forever learning new things, but each new thing learnt makes everything harder and crazier to understand,
haha correct it is very confusing
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
haha correct it is very confusing

Not confusing according to Confucius

http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrBT9x ... MdrIUr7mY-
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

haha :P

errāre hūmānum est.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Tadpole
Expatriate

Post by Tadpole »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

kiwiincambodia wrote:Why can't I vote for pastafarian, the religion flowering the God of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

As far as I am aware no pastafarian has ever hurt anyone therefore it is the most peaceful.
Good news for you kiwi. In New Zealand, the Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster approved to perform marriages.

:beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic