MSX 125 from Taiwan

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
peter.storm
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: MSX 125 from Taiwan

Post by peter.storm »

Bit too small for most Barangs I would have thought. Look good though.
Facebook;- Creating Narcissists from nobodies!!!!!!

Hornithology;- The study of featherless birds!!
riveraffront
Expatriate

Post by riveraffront »

Where is the shop to go look at these?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

This should be the place to check out.

It says they are new MSX price ranging from 950 to 1350 dollars.

link https://www.facebook.com/%E1%9E%82%E1%9 ... 321190176/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Yeah you can find the updated late 2016 version from the Taiwanese now too wh eteas the Honda has been since March. If you go that way get the more expensive one, there's five different levels of quality let's say. The Honda ones have dropped to 2300$ (2400$ if you get the just in NCX model from the Honda shop), the premium comes from the Thai Honda brand quality and higher taxes. The Chinese incl. Taiwan have an agreement for really low taxes on vehicle imports, I was happy with mine but recently got a Honda cause the new body work is nice IMO. It's just a toy really, it's sucks on pot holed roads! Ideally you also have another 250-400cc or a car for everything else info. road trips.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by SinnSisamouth »

no

if you are more than 5ft3 you would look like an utter tool

just no
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

I never tried one but surely any barang considering to buy one must be of a midget size.

I also need to replace my 8yo airblade soon. It did hold good but is now showing its age especially when it comes to its terrible mpg.
I am thinking about the zoomer x which seems to be a modern and practical small scooter.
I was a bit surprised when my wife told me it is seen as girly bike, doesn't look very feminine design to me and :dontcare:, I guess all the better if freshy girls check me out when riding one :pardon:
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

SinnSisamouth wrote:no

if you are more than 5ft3 you would look like an utter tool

just no
It's pretty popular outside Asia, as named Grom. Many friends back home ride these and even smaller bikes for shits and kicks.
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Barang_doa_slae wrote:I never tried one but surely any barang considering to buy one must be of a midget size.

I also need to replace my 8yo airblade soon. It did hold good but is now showing its age especially when it comes to its terrible mpg.
I am thinking about the zoomer x which seems to be a modern and practical small scooter.
I was a bit surprised when my wife told me it is seen as girly bike, doesn't look very feminine design to me and :dontcare:, I guess all the better if freshy girls check me out when riding one :pardon:
Really the Zoomer is just as small as the MSX but doesn't feel like but the new model was upgraded to 125cc so it's practical even for a barang. I think you've got that KTM so it would decent around town and less hassle to drive then an MSX with the clutch. I wouldn't recommend it to somebody who only has one bike and wishes to travel around outside the city. Scoopy is still the queen but it's ubiquitous now so the Zoomer is getting popular even among freshie boys.
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Raybull wrote:
Barang_doa_slae wrote: Really the Zoomer is just as small as the MSX but doesn't feel like but the new model was upgraded to 125cc so it's practical even for a barang. I think you've got that KTM so it would decent around town and less hassle to drive then an MSX with the clutch. I wouldn't recommend it to somebody who only has one bike and wishes to travel around outside the city. Scoopy is still the queen but it's ubiquitous now so the Zoomer is getting popular even among freshie boys.
Since my car's engine is down and SHV thankfully isn't PP, these days the big bike is indeed my transport of choice.
However a scooter is way more practical for a quick run to get groceries, pick up my daughter from school, riding without big boots and other gear, not mentioning my wife needs.

Anyway the zoomer might be of a similar size as the msx but is quite a different concept: flat floor, big storage (I think) and much higher handle bars (both can be customised though), automatic also while I think the msx is a mini moto with a way sportier riding position. It does have gears not ?
Raybull
Expatriate

Post by Raybull »

Yeah the msx has a clutch, 1down and 3up. I easily would have bought the new zoomer (now with the 125cc engine) instead if my gf wanted to drive it as well. But I've got another bike for chores that I'll probably upgrade to a ktm 250/390 then sell the msx for a zoomer or something.
I still remember that guy selling that nearly new and outfitted KTM 690 (i think it was) for less than half retail. That was a good score! :good:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic