SV Police involved in narcotics trade.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

SV Police involved in narcotics trade.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Good article from the Khmer Times on police complicity in the street drug market in SV.
The results of an ongoing investigation into drug dealers and the police by Khmer Times reveals that law-enforcement is systematically failing to police the trade of illicit narcotics in this coastal resort town.

Furthermore, through their failure to police particular areas and act on intelligence given to them by reporters and the public, some police are enabling and protecting the drug-trade, which has claimed an unknown number of lives in the city.

Widespread allegations from many business-owners and other sources go even further, alleging that some police are complicit in the trade and have been seen supplying tuk-tuk and motodop drivers with narcotics for distribution...
Full article here:
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/18289/ ... ics-trade/
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: SV Police involved in narcotics trade.

Post by hanno »

Shock!! Horror!!!!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

hanno wrote:Shock!! Horror!!!!
Yeah I think he should leave the drugs alone and concentrate on a few of the hotel robberies. That might be interesting.
I'd like to see all hotels that are complicit in staff robbery of guests valuables closed down though lack of business.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yes I know, but I did enjoy the bit where they went to the cop shop:
Wednesday evening last week, Khmer Times visited the police commissioner’s office, where around a dozen police officers were relaxing and drinking beer.

An attempt was made to share information about significant drug deals planned on Serendipity Beach Road that night, as well as details and descriptions of dealers who were carrying large amounts of crystal meth and heroin.

Over the course of almost two-and-a-half hours, multiple senior police officers, including two deputy commissioners, were either uninterested or “too busy” to investigate. Surrounded by beer-drinking officers, one English-speaking officer said there were “no police” available to investigate because “it was too late.”

A deputy commissioner eventually said that he would act on the information “within 10-minutes” if Khmer Times returned to the area to confirm the presence of the dealers, but when called a few minutes later with the confirmation, he had decided he was “too busy chasing a murderer.” It was suggested, instead, to report the activity to a nearby traffic police outpost.
http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/18289/ ... ics-trade/

Could make a good TV reality show : " Live action with Sihanouville's narc squad." (But not after 5pm. lol. ) Hours and hours of live coverage of policemen in hammocks drinking Klang - i'm sure that would take off in a big way.
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Digg3r »

I wonder how much the reporter can rub the police the wrong way until he gets his visa cancelled. Or worse...
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

Digg3r wrote:I wonder how much the reporter can rub the police the wrong way until he gets his visa cancelled. Or worse...
Am wondering the same myself. Good luck Jack, take care mate. And I mean that sincerely.
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

:!:

Round up the usual suspects.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Sihanoukville 0 - 2 Shitsville
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

Be careful Mr Jack Laurenson.
You are doing great work, and certainly increasing the stature of the Khmer Times.

Look after your safety and security please.
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Send stuff like this inc the tuk tuk rapist to HE's FB page. He may not read but I bet someone close does! I'm no fan but I imagine he could stir up the useless idle c*#nts that call themselves police!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic