KFC Sihanoukville

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Re: KFC Sihanoukville

Post by LaudJohn »

I cannot remember one positive review from Sailorman on anything.

Not a happy chappy.

He is always better at everything it would appear, so one may be advised to take his "expert" views on anything with a large grain of salt.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

Yup. He's a miserable old fiend. Doesn't seem to have posted in a while, though.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I don't post because this site has a bunch of flamers and illiterate ne'er-do-wells like LJ and SP and the powers that be on this site allow personal attacks by these low-lifes. . There is no future in voicing an opinion, joining a discussion or trying to educate such people when they have obviously fried their brain cells and are only interested in personal attacks on people with more knowledge than them. In this life we all have a lot so share, but these people believe that being loud and intrusive makes them smart. (Not!)

I find it very sad that people like these have closed their brain and just opened their mouths. It does prove one thing though, and that is people with diminished brain capacity can find their way through life, but why when its such a pitiful life, but being oblivious like them they don't know its a pointless life.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

SO fukn disappointed.
Went in to get some pies today, 1st time in a couple of months.
Fukn SHIT.
1/2 the size, 1/2 the filling(which was dry, tasteless crap), the pastry has gone to shit and no longer 3 for $5.
Sorry Thida, but I'm telling it like it is.
After talking it up and sending multiple people down there,you have now lost me.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Hotdigr wrote:SO fukn disappointed.
Went in to get some pies today, 1st time in a couple of months.
Fukn SHIT.
1/2 the size, 1/2 the filling(which was dry, tasteless crap), the pastry has gone to shit and no longer 3 for $5.
Sorry Thida, but I'm telling it like it is.
After talking it up and sending multiple people down there,you have now lost me.
yeah i went down there not long after i first come back to check out the pies, didnt see no 3 4 5 deal, i left empty handed
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

The best pies I have found are made by the Aussie Gourmet Bakery, don't know if they are in Sinvill yet but they are everywhere here and bloody delicious.

Nothing fancy, but taste just like home.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

kiwiincambodia wrote:The best pies I have found are made by the Aussie Gourmet Bakery, don't know if they are in Sinvill yet but they are everywhere here and bloody delicious.

Are you serious bro!? Those AGB pies are nothing like pies back in NZ...I agree that they're probably the best I've had in Cambodia (which isn't saying much), but they cannot be compared to the quality of the good ol' Kiwi meat pies.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:The best pies I have found are made by the Aussie Gourmet Bakery, don't know if they are in Sinvill yet but they are everywhere here and bloody delicious.

Are you serious bro!? Those AGB pies are nothing like pies back in NZ...I agree that they're probably the best I've had in Cambodia (which isn't saying much), but they cannot be compared to the quality of the good ol' Kiwi meat pies.
this the best pie ive ever had out here was the steak and Guinness pie at the cavern a few years ago!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:

They remind me of the service station pies you get at cunt o'clock in the morning back home that have been sitting in the pie warmer, but that's why I like them.

Not talking about quality gourmet pies here, I agree they cannot compare with the pies coming out of proper bakeries back home but I was trying to compare like for like, and as said above they may not be gourmet pies but they remind me of home because of the above.
lurcio
Expatriate
Guatemala

Post by lurcio »

Pieman Steve on Victory Hill does good English pies. I think they are all $2.50 each (don't quote me on that)
End of girly street and turn left. About 30 metres.

Pork Pies
Steak & Kidney
Steak Mince & Onion
Chicken & Mushroom
Cornish Pasty

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic