Boat festival in "Shitsville"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Boat festival in "Shitsville"

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Red Ops wrote:Don't tell me you 'could afford to live anywhere, but chose kampong som because its such a great place'. You couldn't afford the costs and/or hassle of hia hin/pattaya/bali/wherever. Just like myself, vlad, hotdigr and everyone else on this thread, save PR.
theres no point in even discussing it seeing as you know so much about me :facepalm: i'll let you assume though :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: RE: Re: Boat festival in

Post by phuketrichard »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: as to hua hin, i go thru there often, would choose pattaya over that place any day
for what reason?
for me,
I find all of the below better in Pattaya than HH
more to do, better beaches, better food, cheaper, closer to Bangkok
(I dont compare the bars cause i dont go to them but even than pattaya wins hands down)

HH is just overpriced for what u get and the traffic on the main road is really bad
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: as to hua hin, i go thru there often, would choose pattaya over that place any day
for what reason?
more to do, better beaches, better food, cheaper
closer to Bangkok
true that tbh lol too touristy for me though Pattaya
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

...I would be however interested to know what worldwide seaside resorts you would consider perfect for living if money wasn't an issue ?
If i had a lot more than i have now, i would not pick one place BUT would buy a sailboat an be based out of Aruba
and alternate time between there an back in Aspen and SF
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
for what reason?
for me,
I find all of the below better in Pattaya than HH
more to do, better beaches, better food, cheaper, closer to Bangkok
(I dont compare the bars cause i dont go to them but even than pattaya wins hands down)

HH is just overpriced for what u get and the traffic on the main road is really bad
yeah that main road is shit! lol
i dont go to the beach in HH i go down the road to Khao Takiab tbh

theres things i like about Thailand as a whole but i think id struggle staying there for long periods of time anymore, i still love going there for holidays, got 2 weeks booked before i come back to Cambodia, a week in Hua Hin and a week in Pattaya before flying to PP for a few nights then back to SHV
Red Ops
Expatriate

Post by Red Ops »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Red Ops wrote:Don't tell me you 'could afford to live anywhere, but chose kampong som because its such a great place'. You couldn't afford the costs and/or hassle of hia hin/pattaya/bali/wherever. Just like myself, vlad, hotdigr and everyone else on this thread, save PR.
theres no point in even discussing it seeing as you know so much about me :facepalm: i'll let you assume though :thumb:
Ok assume what you will james, but it wasnt a personal insult (why are shv residents and part-time residents so touchy?).

Did you cease to live in hua hin or wherever because
A. The residency visa was too much.
B. Visa runs are a pain in the arse.
C. The allure of kampong som and its delighful residence were too hard to resist?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Hotdigr wrote:
cptrelentless wrote:Apparently there's a boat festival in Shitsville today - 24th.
Funny thing is, after all this bullshit, I could have told you 5 days ago that there was not going to be any boat race here and that the rumour you heard was completely wrong. And I'm sure Wacky, Roz,BDS, Sailorman, Samouth and the rest of the locals could have too.
Still, it was was VERY FUKN BUSY for the holiday and still is now. High season has hit a lot earlier this year then for the past couple of years. Now
I'm looking forward to my day off tomorrow ( actually, technically - TODAY!)
Maybe next time show a bit of fukn respect when you ask a question CPT.

I have no idea who any of you are in real life, so why would I ask you about something I hadn't heard about? So posting a thread with some flamebait after a local told me there was stuff on was a way to snag some interest and generate some humo(u)r for myself as everyone had a massive sperg rage.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Red Ops wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Ok assume what you will james, but it wasnt a personal insult (why are shv residents and part-time residents so touchy?).

C. The allure of kampong som and its delighful residence were too hard to resist?
I don't know about Jamie but I chose to live in Cambodia rather than to live in Thailand and have only recently moved to Thailand because of the incredible pain in the arse that is the Cambodian banking system (and Thailand beats Cambodia hands down there). I can afford to live pretty much anywhere on earth but there's something seductive about South East Asia and what would once have been called "The Orient" in general. Singapore's too sterile for me and Hong Kong just too crowded - which leaves everywhere else to enjoy. I've lived in China, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand and come very close to living in Malaysia (though in fits and starts over the years). In many respects, I'm finding Thailand to be much cheaper than Cambodia (with the exception of booze and smokes) and while visas are a minor hassle - it's not the end of the world but... I'd still rather be in Cambodia if they could just make the banking system more useful for my needs.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Red Ops wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:

1. My names Jamie, not James
2. the answer is C, simply, i used to live in SR with my Khmer ex, went to Thailand not long after we split, went to visit my Dads Cousin in HH, liked the place, ended up renting a 2 storey house out for a while also had a gf there for a few months, but i decided i wanted to move back to Cambodia (SHV as id visited before and liked it) and thats where ive spent most of the past few years, i much prefer the culture and people in Cambodia and its a good community in SHV
Red Ops
Expatriate

Post by Red Ops »

Fair enuff grinchy and jim bob, like i said, it's all horses for courses.

Destiny and shit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic