A Russian Woman Got Kicked Out Of The Shop Over A Pack Of Cigarette

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: A Russian Woman Got Kicked Out Of The Shop Over A Pack Of Cigarette

Post by vladimir » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:43 am

rozzieoz wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:30 pm
I've just read all the comments and feel really bad about insulting this woman. Now I just feel sorry for her :(
I just feel sorry for people here who end up in this predicament.

Sounds like she may have mental health problems.

It's very easy for people to criticise her, but the only thing that separates her experience from ours is the roll of the die.

Yes, she shouldn't have done it, but there are way more nasty examples of crime out there than a cigarette lifter.

Kissinger comes to mind.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:06 pm

But surely Kissinger paid for his own cigarettes.
AlonzoPartriz
Expatriate
Spain

Post by AlonzoPartriz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Cambo are only 600r a pack, and a better smoke that many other cigs that cost more out here. I don't know of any cigs that cost $1.50 here. $1.25 being the max. I wonder if it is the Russian woman I met in PP last year. Shd told me her husbsnd had died here whilst they were all on holidsy and the US banks had frozen all his funds leaving her and their kid in a state of destitution. If it is her, she's doing alright now. Well, she has a job teaching here.
See crook!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic