How to remove air conditioners?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: How to remove air conditioners?

Post by Samouth »

You can call me. I can help you with translation. :)
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Samouth wrote:You can call me. I can help you with translation. :)
Thanks Samouth
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

It's pretty easy if you are a DIYer. Pliers, spanners, hex keys, screwdriver.

The gauges he is using in the video are a gas meter and have no tank collecting gas.
I doubt if it is really necessary if you follow the instruction to the letter.

The ease of pipes removal will depend on whether they are in the walls or surface mounted.

Posted just in case. If any one can add more/ better info?
Last edited by juansweetpotato on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

^ thanks, watched the YouTube clips (there's two) earlier - looks pretty standard. I didn't realise that closing the outlet and running the unit would cycle the gas back into the tank, just assumed there'd be some loss. Looks like it couldn't be easier, it's really a matter of having the time to do it around the removalists.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

StroppyChops wrote:^ thanks, watched the YouTube clips (there's two) earlier - looks pretty standard. I didn't realise that closing the outlet and running the unit would cycle the gas back into the tank, just assumed there'd be some loss. Looks like it couldn't be easier, it's really a matter of having the time to do it around the removalists.
Exactly, I would just leave enough time for the gas to return, then close the larger valve. I bet there is some small loss, not sure if they will need a top up or not.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

do you want to sell one of the 1.5hp units?
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I thought your Harvey Keitel-like "removalist" was going to handle all of this.

I agree with others that you are risking disappointment if you move out and then try to come back ten days later for the air conditioners. At least leave some personal crap in there showing that you still intend to come back.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

reflexline wrote:do you want to sell one of the 1.5hp units?
No thanks. If the landlord was going to pay us a fair price (and we'd ignore that we'd paid the installation) we'd have sold to him at a slight loss and bought new units to save the hassle of uninstalling, but if they're coming out, they're coming with us.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Cam Nivag wrote:I thought your Harvey Keitel-like "removalist" was going to handle all of this.

I agree with others that you are risking disappointment if you move out and then try to come back ten days later for the air conditioners. At least leave some personal crap in there showing that you still intend to come back.
Yep, I'm beginning to feel it's too great a risk. Either I or an a/c fitter will be pulling them out while the removalists do their thang.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

StroppyChops wrote:
Yep, I'm beginning to feel it's too great a risk. Either I or an a/c fitter will be pulling them out while the removalists do their thang.
Good stuff. I hope you will live blog the landlord's meltdown.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic