Any Good Pizza In Sihanoukville Anymore ?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Any Good Pizza In Sihanoukville Anymore ?

Post by wackyjacky »

Unfortunately the guys making the only acceptable pizzas in town shut down - Mediterraneo. Their food was great but the nitwits picked the worst imaginable location on Karaoke St & it came back to bite them in the ass. The noise from all the joints next door was more irritating than a face full of mace ! Olive & Olive's used to be decent, but now they suck. Futura's used to be OK, but he closed too. Invito's was the worst I've ever had. Martini's are a joke. Barbarella - meh. That leaves me with Marco Polo's whose pizzas are just OK IMO & a little pricey. Do you guys have any suggestions ? I'll even drive out to Otres for a good one.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Any Good Pizza In SV Anymore ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Mediterraneo closed already ? Just before high season? I've been meaning to stop by. Oh well.

For pizza, have been going to Ecstatic Pizza on Tola St* for years mainly because I like the old boy who runs it. I also like the pizzas, but I'm fairly easy to please. Good if you like thin crust pizzas and there's a wide choice of toppings, ecstatic and otherwise. I'm not sure there's much difference with the other local pizza places, but the pizzas have always been tasty and the service friendly. Cheap also. Try them and see.

*Left hand side coming from the Golden Lions, about the first place you come to in BBQ row on Tola St. His family has another one on Beach Rd on the right hand side, but we always go to the other one.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:For pizza, have been going to Ecstatic Pizza on Tola St* for years mainly because I like the old boy who runs it.

*Left hand side coming from the Golden Lions, about the first place you come to in BBQ row on Tola St. His family has another one on Beach Rd on the right hand side, but we always go to the other one.
We too.

When we last dined there in August they told us that all the little restaurants along that stretch had been told to relocate because another monstrosity like the one across the road was to be built there. They mentioned relocating to Beach Rd.

Might see you there around Xmas :beer3:
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Thanks AM, I'm not optimistic about a happy joint, but I will give her a shot. Might as well order extra ecstatic since I'm there. Not positive about Mediterraneo, but they had a for sale sign up and the last three times they were shut.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Don't get your hopes up wackyjacky. Ecstatic Pizza is ok, but definitely nothing to write home about. They do have quite a range of toppings though.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

last decent pizza i had in SHV was at Ocean Walk Inn back in Feb 2014, their BBQ chicken pizzas were the best, always went there for my Pizza fix but its not been there since it closed down last year and has new owners and renamed
could do with finding a new decent place for a pizza fix
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Fourkinnel
Expatriate
Tonga

Post by Fourkinnel »

Thida's used to be good, particualy the chicken BBQ. I came back one year and they weren't half as good. Then the owners (Thida & Mark) moved or changed, don't really know what is there now, used to be great for home delivery.
The ones in Led Zephyr are resonable but the toppings bland and needs at least something like garlic or oregano as option to spice them up.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

How about Olive & Olive pizza. Their five dollar pizza is really huge. i can't get one like that in Phnom Penh.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

I will qualify this by saying that in no way am I a pizza "Gourmand".
I had what I consider the best pizza I have eaten in Sihanoukville a couple of weeks ago at Nice Foods 1, just up from Hi Foods on Serendipity Beach road.
A medium crust meat lovers pizza, it was chock-a-block with meat and cheese. Cooked perfectly and was $6 for a 12" pizza.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Samouth wrote:How about Olive & Olive pizza. Their five dollar pizza is really huge. i can't get one like that in Phnom Penh.
They were good until maybe 6 months ago. They're using rolling pins now I think & they're too thin for me with no crust.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic