128+ Dead After Shooting at Petit Cambodge Restaurant 100 Hostages Taken and Bombing at Stade de France in Paris, France

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: 128+ Dead After Shooting at Petit Cambodge Restaurant 100 Hostages Taken and Bombing at Stade de France in Paris, Fr

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Not wishing to be rude but Americans have shot dead way more Americans this year than people died in that terror attack in France.

Despite being armed to the teeth; American citizens have thus far failed to prevent a single school massacre when those people who kill people turned up with guns to make the job much easier. In the UK when a kid turns up with a Nerf gun to massacre his classmates - we all breathe a sigh of relief.

Paris has been marked for problems because of the burqa ban, because of its very large Muslim underclass which has not so much been integrated into French society but rather marginalized in ghettos and because of its secular tolerance for free speech. It's also a target because many French Muslims are about as Muslim as the average British Christian is Christian - which is to say not at all, except on holidays and festival days when food and presents become particularly appealing. You see when you start feeding people properly and giving them an education; religion becomes much less important. I could introduce many Saudi atheists and agnostics to you too - that damned expensive foreign education paid for by their government is reducing faith levels there too (though they will be incredibly cautious about who they admit it to - I was the only openly agnostic person in our offices in Riyadh and I think it gave people permission to come to talk to me - though my Iqama, the Saudi ID, still said I was Christian because there's no option for non-belief on the applicaiton form). Being born Muslim and actually being an atheist is a death penalty offence in Saudi and it still happens.

Muslims are not our enemy. Extremist radical Islam is. The 99.99% of Muslims who are not represented by that form of Islam don't care if you have a beer, don't care if you want a bacon sandwich and don't care if your women aren't veiled/oppressed in general. Go talk to some Muslims on the ground in even the most strict places (just like Riyadh) and you can hear they've joined the 21st Century. They want what we want, safety, security, a place to call home, etc. nothing more.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Tits Mcgee
Tourist

Re: 128+ Dead After Shooting at Petit Cambodge Restaurant 100 Hostages Taken and Bombing at Stade de France in Paris, Fr

Post by Tits Mcgee »

TheGrinchSR wrote: Despite being armed to the teeth; American citizens have thus far failed to prevent a single school massacre when those people who kill people turned up with guns to make the job much easier.
Because guns are not allowed to be brought into schools by anyone and everyone knows that, making them the perfect soft target. Allow teachers and principles to carry a gun and give them training and that will change the equation. In the broader question "has an Amercian citizen (not cop) carrying a gun in public prevented or stopped mass shootings?"...here is an article noting 10 recent examples. The answer is YES, they have.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... shootings/
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: RE: Re: 128+ Dead After Shooting at Petit Cambodge Restaurant 100 Hostages Taken and Bombing at Stade de France in P

Post by takeoman »

:hattip:
General Mackevili wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:How many people take a gun when they go out for sushi ?
Say what? A lot!

I took mine everywhere.

Using the most basic logic, would you have tried to pull this Paris plan in a city where you knew that a good amount of people had guns hidden on them?

For me, to think that the possibility of several people in your target audience (no pun intended) having guns on them would NOT be a big deterrent is just plain illogical.

Again, if your goal was to kill as many people a possible, wouldn't it only make sense to do that where you were pretty sure your targets DIDN'T have guns?

I think it goes without saying that people and areas where people are unarmed have been, are and will continue to be someone's ideal victims for mass shootings when their goal is to kill as many people as possible.

I'm not saying that having citizens armed is without any problems, I just stated some of the glaringly obvious benefits of it.
Reports say that ISIS are planning just such an exercise in Washington. I note you have declined to answer the questions I asked to ascertain your level of experience in this type of situation, let me try again, have you ever been shot at, or have you ever shot someone? Those who cling to the delusion that having a weapon makes them safe all to often realise their mistake only when it is too late. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Tits Mcgee wrote:
TheGrinchSR wrote: Despite being armed to the teeth; American citizens have thus far failed to prevent a single school massacre when those people who kill people turned up with guns to make the job much easier.
Because guns are not allowed to be brought into schools by anyone and everyone knows that, making them the perfect soft target. Allow teachers and principles to carry a gun and give them training and that will change the equation. In the broader question "has an Amercian citizen (not cop) carrying a gun in public prevented or stopped mass shootings?"...here is an article noting 10 recent examples. The answer is YES, they have.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/vol ... shootings/
Seriously? American police have massacred more than 7 times as many people as French terrorists this year. http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... olice-1000

That's what gun ownership does. It doesn't prevent deaths - it causes them. American law enforcement has slaughtered more people than Europe has had die at the hands of terrorists and criminals combined. Fuck the police and fuck public gun ownership. It's absolutely indefensible when you look at the big picture.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
Tits Mcgee
Tourist

Post by Tits Mcgee »

^ Your need to use words like "massacred" and "slaughtered" when referring to police doing their duty shows you know nothing about anything.
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

I usually am not an "I told you so", but check my posts, I told you so. You let masses of illegal aliens into your country who are part of a religion that wants to take over the world and you will have this kind of thing happening. The wolves will hide with the sheep. Europe and England are in for some tough times.

ISIS will try and carry out its attacks on America. They will probably come in from the southern border and attack areas that by law America people are not allowed to carry firearms, like colleges and universities.

At least the invasion in the US is being done by Christian illegal aliens.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

Tits Mcgee wrote:^ Your need to use words like "massacred" and "slaughtered" when referring to police doing their duty shows you know nothing about anything.
The police in my country don't kill people. So massacred and slaughtered would be an accurate description. Particularly when among the dead we find a young boy who was carrying a plastic waterpistol and playing with his friends. Those police aren't "doing their duty" - they're executing people and fuck them, you too you-too-dim-to-think-for-yourself-dribbling-apologist-for-the-man.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

That cartoon sums up very nicely the very narrow view of the world media. What I have been finding amusing has been the indignation of the BlackLivesMatter bunch over in the states. Apparently they aren't happy that the world is focusing on Paris and not their own little problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic