128+ Dead After Shooting at Petit Cambodge Restaurant 100 Hostages Taken and Bombing at Stade de France in Paris, France

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: 128+ Dead After Shooting at Petit Cambodge Restaurant 100 Hostages Taken and Bombing at Stade de France in Paris, Fr

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

prahkeitouj wrote:What does the World War mean? Why ISIS can attract people to join? Why the world seem to be scared of ISIS?
ISIS can recruit people and brainwash them just like the western media brainwashes all the sheep in the western world, if you have seen facebook over the past few years its been a joke, the amount of people that say
"we just need to get rid of all the muslims and bomb the fuck out of Syria/Iraq/Afghanistan"....
if a muslim says this they are called a terrorist/extremist, if us western people say it its called Justice!
what most of what average joe knows is what the media tells them, which is sugar coated bullshit propaganda,
in essence ISIS recruit people the same way the Khmer Rouge recruited their foot soldiers when the US started bombing in Cambodia,
America/UK have been meddling in affairs in the middle east for years, providing weapons, bombing, major collateral damage, this has lead to a great hatred towards the west
the CIA created the Taliban/Al Queda/ISIS....

*puts tinfoil hat back on*
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: 128+ Dead After Shooting at Petit Cambodge Restaurant 100 Hostages Taken and Bombing at Stade de France in Paris, Fr

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:What does the World War mean? Why ISIS can attract people to join? Why the world seem to be scared of ISIS?
...in essence ISIS recruit people the same way the Khmer Rouge recruited their foot soldiers when the US started bombing in Cambodia,
Ha. I just read this article by John Pilger "From Pol Pot to Isis: the Blood Never Dried". He finds the same link between reasons for KR recruitment success and the Isis attraction today.
Following the ISIS outrages in Beirut and Paris, John Pilger updates this prescient essay on the root causes of terrorism and what we can do about it.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/11/17/ ... ver-dried/

Very interesting guy here, Scott Atran, with an article on what drives Isis.
Article: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/15/t errorists-isis
In this video of his address to the UN security council, Scott Atran explains the different reasons why youth from all over the world are running to join Isis:

He also wrote this article in 2010 on the motivations of the Times Square " bomber", which were more personal than ideological:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/m ... b-analysis

Ok, lots to read and may not be to everyone's taste, but these are articles that I've come across lately and that I found interesting.
Tits Mcgee
Tourist

Post by Tits Mcgee »

^Don't listen to that punch-drunk moron with the child's perpsective. Google "ISIS killing" and look at the "Images" tab and watch the videos. For some uneducated cockhead like Jamie Lambo to say the West is responsible for this is the stupidest thing ever written on the foum, which is saying quite a bit. ISIS go about terrorizing defenseless local people in areas they control with brutal force and death. They use a perverted interpretation if Islam to justify their actions. They believe their religion tells them to achieve an Islamic caliphate so they must expand their territory. Look it up. Their ambition goes back 1400 years. It has fuck-all to do with US policy.
Spoiler:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
in essence ISIS recruit people the same way the Khmer Rouge recruited their foot soldiers when the US started bombing in Cambodia.
So the Khmer Rouge used Youtube videos to recruit disaffected youths abroad? I didn't know that.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

Tits Mcgee wrote:
^Don't listen to that punch-drunk moron with the child's perpsective. Google "ISIS killing" and look at the "Images" tab and watch the videos. For some uneducated cockhead like Jamie Lambo to say the West is responsible for this is the stupidest thing ever written on the foum, which is saying quite a bit. ISIS go about terrorizing defenseless local people in areas they control with brutal force and death. They use a perverted interpretation if Islam to justify their actions. They believe their religion tells them to achieve an Islamic caliphate so they must expand their territory. Look it up. Their ambition goes back 1400 years. It has fuck-all to do with US policy.
Spoiler:

Who funded and armed the jihadi groups in Afghanistan that morphed into the Taliban and Al Queda? Who decided to invade Iraq after 9/11, ignoring the fact that the funding for the attack and the majority of the participants came from Saudi Arabia? Who dismantled the Iraqi state leaving the country a basket case to be fought over by militias and jihadis? Who got NATO to achieve the same result in Lybia. Who recently cut a deal with Turkey that allows the Turks to bomb the Kurds who are fighting ISIS on the ground? You sir are most definitely what we Europeans would call "a complete and utter tit", at least you chose an appropriate user name.
Oh and before you reply accusing me of supporting ISIS, may I say I fully support the Russian and now French Policy of blowing the bastards to hell, which is a refreshing change from the US's pussy footing around carrying out drone strikes on individual members.
Yes the creed the jihadis adhere to is based on a warped interpretation of centuries old teachings and ideas, but the West's failed policies in the Middle East have played a major part in their evolving into what is now a mass movement. :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Tits Mcgee wrote:
you really dont have a clue and have no research behind your statements, i see your education comes from Fox news.... maybe you should do some research about where ISIS/Al Qaeda/Taliban came from, what allowed them to come into such power, who funded them and created them initially, you have a lot to learn,

and stop getting brave with the insults, you little cyber hooligan lol pathetic
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:
in essence ISIS recruit people the same way the Khmer Rouge recruited their foot soldiers when the US started bombing in Cambodia.
So the Khmer Rouge used Youtube videos to recruit disaffected youths abroad? I didn't know that.
did you read what i put? i said when the US started bombing Cambodia, they used that as propaganda in order to recruit people much like how ISIS recruit men by using the US bombings/drone strikes as propaganda... it wasnt really that hard to understand was it?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I know, I was just being a cunt.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

John Bingham wrote:I know, I was just being a cunt.
haha i thought as much, i think i was still a little defensive from being called a punch drunk cockhead, it hurt my feelings :roll: lol
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

John Bingham wrote:I know, I was just being a cunt.
I thought it was that other guy who did that. And, usually late at night. :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic