62 Year Old British National Robert Thomas Bell Dies in Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Reap from Septic Shock

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

62 Year Old British National Robert Thomas Bell Dies in Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Reap from Septic Shock

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia: A 62 year old British National named Robert Thomas Bell Dies in a Siem Reap hospital from what authorities are calling septic shock.

He entered Cambodia on November 8, 2014 through Siem Reap's international airport (although it seems he has exited and recently re-entered).

He was with a cycling tour company with 38 people when he started feeling sick and they took him to the hospital, where he later died from septic shock.

Robert Bell's body is being kept at the Royal Angkor International Hospital until the UK embassy or his family comes to take the body.

GRAPHIC IMAGES:
Spoiler:

Engrish:
Spoiler:
Old British man died from the virus in blood CHOC SEPETEQE

By: radiant moon

Friday, November 13, 2015 19:09 pm

Province: British elderly man died in the Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Reap by a virus called CHOC SEPETEQE Blood that the incident occurred at about 2 and 30 minutes leading Skip midnight on 13 November 2015 at the Royal Hospital Angkor village neighborhood for agricultural Nguesso Reap.

According to hospital staff, Royal Angkor in Siem Reap, said foreign nationals who died in hospital, doctor technical report to the police to intervene.

Colonel grandson Mao hero deputy provincial immigration, told the Island of Peace in the afternoon of 13 November, after the scene He said the force came to the place and cooperate with Siem Reap Referral Hospital for forensic on its victims. He said the victim called BELL ROBERT THOMAS 62-year-old male British nationality passport number xxxxxxx tourists entered Cambodia On 08 November 2014, a period of 1 year through the gate Reap International Airport and travel through Cambodia Cycling Tour stay Hotel located family neighborhood Siem Reap's Svay traveling with friends (38 people).

He pointed out that immediately after the incident to the hotel and ask clarification from the victims' friends and They say that on 11 November 2015 after a trekking trip to brasaeatboeng_mealea victims ( friends) have symptoms of not feeling well so all the friends also sent the victim to treat patients at the Royal International Hospital Angkor until time of about 2 hours and 30 minutes past midnight into on 13 November 2015, the victim has died only once.

Surrounding the case above, Dr. Ith compatible charger Russell carefully followed told the court doctor said the victims died from the virus CHOC SEPETEQE called into the blood to cause his death. He said that this case was not a murder charge as before, because he died.

The victims' bodies were competent and skilled doctors sent to temporarily deposited at the Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Reap to wait handed over to the family and the British Embassy to celebrate their traditions.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: 62 Year Old British National Robert Thomas Bell Dies in Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Reap from Septic Sh

Post by General Mackevili »

RIP.

That's a tourist visa, right? Looks like it was issued in the UK and is good for 3 months? I haven't seen one of those before. Possibly an electronic visa?

62 years old and cycling around Cambodia? Good for him. I take an elevator down one floor if I can.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: RE: Re: 62 Year Old British National Robert Thomas Bell Dies in Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Reap from S

Post by Digg3r »

General Mackevili wrote:RIP.

That's a tourist visa, right? Looks like it was issued in the UK and is good for 3 months? I haven't seen one of those before
Standard for a visa issued by a Cambodian embassy/consulate. The expiry on the visa is for it to be used (i.e.to enter Cambodia) not the length of the stay.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: 62 Year Old British National Robert Thomas Bell Dies in Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Rea

Digg3r wrote:
Standard for a visa issued by a Cambodian embassy/consulate. The expiry on the visa is for it to be used (i.e.to enter Cambodia) not the length of the stay.
Ah, thx, I knew that. :facepalm:

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 62 Year Old British National Robert Thomas Bell Dies in Royal Angkor International Hospital Siem Reap from Septic Sh

Post by prahkeitouj »

R.I.P!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Ed Hammer
Expatriate

Post by Ed Hammer »

General Mackevili wrote:RIP.

I take an elevator down one floor if I can.

I don't because I am scared after watching all those lift fails in China, most of the lifts and escalators are chinese made in Cambodia
General Mackevili: I just don't want you littering our forum with your drivel.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

True that. I think every single person in China thinks about that every single time they're on one.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

An old British man died from septic shock

Siem Reap: An old British man died in Royal Angkor International Hospital in Siem Reap. He died from Septic shock. This event happened around 2:30 am on 13 November 2015 at Royal International Hospital located in Kaksekam village, Srongea commune, Siem Reap city.

According to Koh Santepheap Daily News, the foreigner died in the hospital, so the doctors reported it to police and sought for intervention.

Police told Koh Santepheap Daily News on 13 November 2015, after police had received the report, police went to the hospital to do the autopsy. Police confirmed that the foreigner named Bell Robert Thomas, male, 62 years old. He is a tourist and he entered Cambodia on 08 November 2014 via Siem Reap International Airport. He has been living here more than a year. He came to Cambodia via the organization by Cambodia Cycling Tour. He was travelling with friends and other people in a group of 38. He was staying in a hotel located in Kros village, Svay Dangkum commune, Siem Reap.

Police continued, we went to hotel to ask for more information and details from his friends. They said, on 11 November 2015, after having traveled together to Beoung Mealea temple, the victim was not feeling well, so they brought him to hospital immediately. Then, around 2:30 am on 13 November 2015 he passed away.

Doctor said, the victim died from septic shock. It is not a planned murder as he died from illness. Recently the body is being kept at the hospital waiting for family and the embassy to come to take the body.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic