Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Ghostwriter »

Freebirdzz wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:51 pm Not affiliated with Freebird bar and grill!
You're not giving us much to think otherwise though ^^
ppjp
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ppjp »

Just arrived, scouting the country for where and how to put down my flag.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

ppjp wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:06 am Just arrived, scouting the country for where and how to put down my flag.
A dangerous move to put your flag down [ on the ground ] Someone is bound to step on it or burn it. Take advice from this guy.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrO5ou ... 1EwCHiPSc-
Summar12
Tourist
Canada

Post by Summar12 »

Hi I'm new here, just got to Cambodia and Found out about this site on Facebook. I came across your forum, which I thought would be a wonderful place to learn more about this place, so I decided to sign up.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Summar12 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:34 pm Hi I'm new here, just got to Cambodia and Found out about this site on Facebook. I came across your forum, which I thought would be a wonderful place to learn more about this place, so I decided to sign up.
Welcome aboard.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Johnny6
Tourist
Canada

Post by Johnny6 »

Good day to all!
I'm so sick of living in Canada, and am moving to Cambodia to get away. I plan on staying about 12 months and figuring out what it is I want. So I found an apartment in Daun Penh- Phnom Penh
And think it may be a good start.
I'm 40 ( but look 32!😆) And am planning on seeing what's out there in East Asia. So if I have a solid pad to crash at, I can still tour around and relax at my rented place.
I would very much appreciate any help in finding out a decent place to have a few drinks and get to speak with other expats and get a better idea of what to expect. I'm single,and don't look to come and be a sex tourist, but wouldn't mind finding someone to share some time with.
Can anyone spare a few minutes and chat with me and help with regards to getting set up with internet service there or a sim.card for my cell?
My email is [email protected]
And WhatsApp is14034999955.

I would very much appreciate the time.
I also will continue to browse here and see what I can gather, but help would really be appreciated.

Thanks all!!!
Izzy
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Izzy »

Finally, I get to experience Cambodia for more than a few weeks at a time! My best friends here in Phnom Penh are Mr. DIY, Pass App, and ABA! They helped me get settled into my apartment and have been there for me every step of the way. I still need to sort out where to eat, shop, and while away the hours. I love Cambodia and I'm just Happy To Be Here!
"You can't change the people around you...but you can change the people around you!"
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Izzy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:44 pm Finally, I get to experience Cambodia for more than a few weeks at a time! My best friends here in Phnom Penh are Mr. DIY, Pass App, and ABA! They helped me get settled into my apartment and have been there for me every step of the way. I still need to sort out where to eat, shop, and while away the hours. I love Cambodia and I'm just Happy To Be Here!
If you found Mr DIY (great shop) then you must have found Lucky's, Supermarket. There is also Super Duper (4 locations), Bayon (street 118 and Monivong) and Thai Huot (5 locations). That's about it for anything that resembles a food shopping outlet. One full-size Big C would wipe the floor with the lot of them. One day....
Izzy
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Izzy »

Doc67 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:57 pm
Izzy wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 12:44 pm Finally, I get to experience Cambodia for more than a few weeks at a time! My best friends here in Phnom Penh are Mr. DIY, Pass App, and ABA! They helped me get settled into my apartment and have been there for me every step of the way. I still need to sort out where to eat, shop, and while away the hours. I love Cambodia and I'm just Happy To Be Here!
If you found Mr DIY (great shop) then you must have found Lucky's, Supermarket. There is also Super Duper (4 locations), Bayon (street 118 and Monivong) and Thai Huot (5 locations). That's about it for anything that resembles a food shopping outlet. One full-size Big C would wipe the floor with the lot of them. One day....
Yes--Lucky is my second home! I have heard of Thai Huot but not been there yet. I did find the Olympic Super Mart and thought it was pretty good. I had not heard of the Super Duper but it sounds--well--super! I have a Big C nearby, which is great, but a full-size one would be amazing! I also like the Smile at the end of St. 172, good selections for such a small place. Thanks for the info!
"You can't change the people around you...but you can change the people around you!"
pattricksusan1
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by pattricksusan1 »

Hi guys how can I introduce myself here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic