Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Lemondropkid
Tourist
Ireland

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Lemondropkid »

Hi CEO

Been a reader of the board, just signed up.

Will be travelling in Cambodia and Thailand for a couple of months from next week.

Hoping for the best!
penhmanship
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by penhmanship »

Hello,

I’ve lived in Phnom Penh since 2014. I’m a long time lurker and first time poster here. I’m looking to get more active in as many areas of the PP community as I can.
Romulan
Tourist

Post by Romulan »

Hi there,

It's nice to see that this forum exists. My partner and I are planning to move to Siem Reap this summer. Hopefully we'll get to spend a few fun years in this beautiful country.
Marx
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Marx »

I’ve been based in one of the smaller and less expat-popular provincial capitals since 2016 and since then I’ve acquired a wife and her family, a restaurant, and a number of interesting projects with local NGO’s. Fascinated by this site, apparently populated with many people who aren’t living in Cambodia, don’t like living in Cambodia very much, prefer to live in Thailand, or are looking for love in girly bars. It’s also a very PP-centric community, which I guess explains some of the above. I hope to provide some positive input, coming from a position of being exactly where I want to be in the world right now. It seems that there are indeed some other like-minded souls among you, and I look forward to making some new connections here.
Revolutions have all shown that many things can be changed, with the exception of people themselves.
Nwo4life2020
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Nwo4life2020 »

2 gay men travelling in the summer would really appreciate another explat to let us know how things are done without making fools of ourselves. Thanks
Pantau
Tourist
Netherlands

Post by Pantau »

Chum Reap Sur.
I am a 57 year old Dutch girl. 23 years ago I travelled to India for Holidays but decided not to return home. I lived there for 7 years, in the Himalayas and Varkala and then moved to Thailand for some new experiences. When my father died, I returned home to take care of my mother, but now that she has died too, I no longer wish to live in my home country. I am sure within 6 months I will be travelling to Siem Reap where I will start my journey to find a new home. I love Thailand, but I already know that country and lived there so I want to check out Cambodia and see which country suits me best. And I am sure that when I want to see my old friends in Thailand, I could travel to Bangkok or Chiang Rai, Or Prachuap on holiday. I already feel excited about my future plans. Life in the west can be tough and I have felt homesick to Asia for a long time now. I hope I will have a soft landing in Cambodia. When I lived in Asia I always enjoyed my contact with expats as we have so much in common. We are different from those who have never lived in other cultures. I would love to read about your experiences, meet each other in person, hang out, travel together on trips and help each other out. Cheers!

My name is Veronique but in Asia people call me Pantau or Tau, a name given to me 23 years ago by the Dalai Lama. It is easier to pronounce and remember by Asians I think.
Marx
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Marx »

Nwo4life2020 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:49 pm 2 gay men travelling in the summer would really appreciate another explat to let us know how things are done without making fools of ourselves. Thanks
Having just hosted a visit from a middle-aged male couple I would say that- at least out in my backwater town - no one was really interested in what their relationship might or might not be. The gay locals that I know don’t hang out rainbow flags, but aren’t closeted either.
Revolutions have all shown that many things can be changed, with the exception of people themselves.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Nwo4life2020 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:49 pm 2 gay men travelling in the summer would really appreciate another explat to let us know how things are done without making fools of ourselves. Thanks
Cambodians have absolutely no problem regarding your sexual preferences, or the same-sex sharing of a hotel room, but good manners in Cambodia dictate that you don't stick tongues down throats in public or show your private bits, whether hetero or homo. General advice is to avoid doing sexual stuff in public places, but IME Cambodians don't care if you're gay. Even less than the expats.

Relax, enjoy your visit and have a great time. :rave:
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:13 pm
Mekong.sushi.fighter wrote:Hello, I am a Cambodian-American in my early 20s, and no I wasn't deported. I visit Cambodia quite often and I hope to live in Cambodia or somewhere else in Asia after I graduate.
Haha, nice intro. A lot of Khmericans come to live in Cambodia, so you'll fit right in.
pissontheroof wrote:Hello .. this must be my lucky day ...

ฉิบหาย
Friday the 13th, eh? It's an omen.
I remember waiting for a fri the 13th to sign up after lurking so long and knowing then meeting jamie and the general

But now for business
Hello . I recently lost ( and the Ahole who found my kids ) ipad deleted all my pictures about 40 gb
I don’t know how he did it but I was looking for a meme I recently ( past couple months ) posted
… about something with the word “ stupid “ in it by some famous old philosopher I never knew before .
Anyway I was looking for that post to get my meme back ,
I didn’t find it here and wish anyone could help .
I know everybody has a better memory than me .

I got a picture of the guy who kept my iPad , he took a selfie and it wasn’t on my cloud , but got thru google photos app

As all the 🤬’s say Tanx in advance
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Freebirdzz
Expatriate

Post by Freebirdzz »

Not affiliated with Freebird bar and grill!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic