Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
杜恩
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by 杜恩 »

Hello everyone, my name is Du En, from China, I have been in Cambodia for almost ten years, I met my wife in northern Cambodia in 2017, she is a kind Khmer girl, we now have 3 children, our family In Shangding, I am very happy to communicate with you in this forum.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Welcome
@杜恩

Do you ever spend time in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh or in the Southern coastal towns/city?
If so, how do you feel about the changes to these places since you arrived ten years ago?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
杜恩
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by 杜恩 »

violet wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:06 am Welcome
@杜恩

Do you ever spend time in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh or in the Southern coastal towns/city?
If so, how do you feel about the changes to these places since you arrived ten years ago?
I came to Cambodia in 2013. I used to live in Phnom Penh for a long time, and only lived in Siem Reap and Sihanoukville for a few days. Now I don’t like those cities very much. I like the countryside. People in the north is simple .
Constexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Constexpat »

Hi all, my name is James and I will be arriving in Siem Reap on April 15, 2023. This will be my first visit to Cambodia and if I like it will retire there. Any advice on what to bring, how to find appartments, do's and don'ts, etc would be appreciated. I have read many articles but best advice would come from expats currently living there. First 8 nights I will be staying in a nice hotel. I am 60, male and traveling alone. Was in heavy civil construction for years and worked South America, Alaska and various other places. Hope to find friends also. Thanks.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Constexpat wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:41 pm Hi all, my name is James and I will be arriving in Siem Reap on April 15, 2023. This will be my first visit to Cambodia and if I like it will retire there. Any advice on what to bring, how to find appartments, do's and don'ts, etc would be appreciated. I have read many articles but best advice would come from expats currently living there. First 8 nights I will be staying in a nice hotel. I am 60, male and traveling alone. Was in heavy civil construction for years and worked South America, Alaska and various other places. Hope to find friends also. Thanks.
Have you checked out the youtubers vlogging from Cambodia? You'll see lots of apartment tours so you'll get an idea of prices, questions to ask, how to get in touch with rental agents etc.

You'll also get a lot of useful tips and advice.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Constexpat wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:41 pm Hi all, my name is James and I will be arriving in Siem Reap on April 15, 2023. This will be my first visit to Cambodia and if I like it will retire there. Any advice on what to bring, how to find appartments, do's and don'ts, etc would be appreciated. I have read many articles but best advice would come from expats currently living there. First 8 nights I will be staying in a nice hotel. I am 60, male and traveling alone. Was in heavy civil construction for years and worked South America, Alaska and various other places. Hope to find friends also. Thanks.

Hi jim , i’m pissontheroof
If I was you I could tell you what I would bring

You don’t need to bring any socks , I got a suitcase 🧳 full here up for grabs
Brought them to shitsville 11 plus years ago and still lugging them with me everywhere I go ,
Now in seim reap
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Constexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Constexpat

Post by Constexpat »

Thanks for the info I have looked there but not a lot of newer posts.
Constexpat
Tourist
United States of America

Constexpat

Post by Constexpat »

I rarely wore socks in S.A. either so doubt I will bring many. I was asking about what to pack for basic clothing or items that are hard to get there. I understand how you should dress going to temples but get conflicting info on things like are gym shorts ok? Flip-flops, t-shirts or button downs just going out locally.

I am also interested in knowing if I can access by internet my US bank, pay bills, watch Amazon Prime movies or Netflix etc. Does a VPN works there?

Thanks

James
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Constexpat

Post by pissontheroof »

Constexpat wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:35 am I rarely wore socks in S.A. either so doubt I will bring many. I was asking about what to pack for basic clothing or items that are hard to get there. I understand how you should dress going to temples but get conflicting info on things like are gym shorts ok? Flip-flops, t-shirts or button downs just going out locally.

I am also interested in knowing if I can access by internet my US bank, pay bills, watch Amazon Prime movies or Netflix etc. Does a VPN works there?

Thanks

James
bring some medical marijuana vapes and some stuff called “ carmex” and you’re set to go
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

i decide to come out of the closet in all my splender ..
i am pissontheroof ,
alias joe monroe

here is so goddam 🤬🤬😡😡🤬🤬😡🤬🤬🥵😳
it is what it is ..,

i dont accept boyfriends , only girl fronds so if you want to freind me better have a sexy come on ..😉
https://www.facebook.com/joe.monroe.338
joe monroe , ask me again you still wont know ,
i made this name when i came because nobody could ever say my real name

not looking for any boyfriends
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic