Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by atst »

GeeKay wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:10 pm G'day

I'll be hitting Phenom Pehn on July 25th for my first visit. Hopefully there are a few like minded day drinkers around to have a chat with because I'll be hitting the bars and whoofing into the grog day and night and whenever I'm awake actually.

No need to worry I'm not a blind drunk obnoxious pest ( I hope not anyway). Na in all seriousness I do have an unusual ability to drink myself sober I reckon.

Donovan
Is that you Jamie? Just joking. Be careful after dark, we don't want to be reading about you in the news, barang found naked in street , money stolen in bar/massage parlor, fighting with lady boys.
You'll have no problem finding a wingman anywhere around riverside. Welcome :beer3:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Post by GeeKay »

atst wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:50 pm

I'll be hitting Phenom Pehn on July 25th for my first visit. Hopefully there are a few like minded day drinkers around to have a chat with because I'll be hitting the bars and whoofing into the grog day and night and whenever I'm awake actually.

No need to worry I'm not a blind drunk obnoxious pest ( I hope not anyway). Na in all seriousness I do have an unusual ability to drink myself sober I reckon.

Donovan
Is that you Jamie? Just joking. Be careful after dark, we don't want to be reading about you in the news, barang found naked in street , money stolen in bar/massage parlor, fighting with lady boys.
You'll have no problem finding a wingman anywhere around riverside. Welcome :beer3:
Thanks.

I should be ok. I forget to mention it's my first visit but I've been to Pattaya 20 times in the last 10 years.
"Money lost, Nothing lost......Confidence lost, Everything lost"
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

GeeKay wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:16 pm I've been to Pattaya 20 times in the last 10 years.
:?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

GeeKay wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:16 pm

Donovan
Thanks.

I should be ok. I forget to mention it's my first visit but I've been to Pattaya 20 times in the last 10 years.
Phnom Penh is very far from Pattaya, years ago in the capital I took a bargirl back to my hotel. She said "all you want is boom boom", she took no money and left.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Post by GeeKay »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:27 pm
GeeKay wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:16 pm

Donovan
Thanks.

Phnom Penh is very far from Pattaya, years ago in the capital I took a bargirl back to my hotel. She said "all you want is boom boom", she took no money and left.
I've done enough research to know it's different to Pattaya. The point I was making was in reference to this statement........... "Be careful after dark, we don't want to be reading about you in the news, barang found naked in street , money stolen in bar/massage parlor, fighting with lady boys.

I'm a little too experienced for that shit.
"Money lost, Nothing lost......Confidence lost, Everything lost"
cjp
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by cjp »

:beer1: Thanks Andy, the last 3 years in the UK have been pants ( being polite) so I am very much ready for new challenges and a fresh start, ups and downs, but generally things are going to be better 🤓
AndyKK wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:20 am
cjp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:58 am Hello everyone, I'm still in old Blighty right now, in the process of selling up and making the move to Cambodia.
Thinking of starting in PP. but very much like exploring places before I put any roots down.
Oldish git , so may look to get retirement visa ? Looking to get a motorbike licence (to avoid) paying bribes/fines. Do a lot of traveling by bike, it's in my blood.
Have visited a couple of times before, did Siem Reap , PP , Sihanouk ville and Kampot, about 7 year's ago.
Hope to be there soon, completion can't come soon enough.
Cheers Chris.
That's what I did Chris, and I must say, so far, it's been a new life's experience, with its ups and downs, I am hoping the downs will start to stop and the ups will prosper in my retirement years. All the best for you sir.
GINO ROMANO
Tourist
Cote D-Ivoire

Post by GINO ROMANO »

Hello everyone. I live in Cambodia except for when I live other places.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

GINO ROMANO wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:35 pm Hello everyone. I live in Cambodia except for when I live other places.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

cjp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:58 am Hello everyone, I'm still in old Blighty right now, in the process of selling up and making the move to Cambodia.
Thinking of starting in PP. but very much like exploring places before I put any roots down.
Oldish git , so may look to get retirement visa ? Looking to get a motorbike licence (to avoid) paying bribes/fines. Do a lot of traveling by bike, it's in my blood.
Have visited a couple of times before, did Siem Reap , PP , Sihanouk ville and Kampot, about 7 year's ago.
Hope to be there soon, completion can't come soon enough.
Cheers Chris.
you will have fun looking around, a lot has changed over the past 7 years mate :beer3:
ps. you only need a licence if the motorbike you plan on buying is over 125cc
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Garyatthepub
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Garyatthepub »

New here as of 2 weeks ago. Old day trader working online, I've visited Cambodia a few times and decided to give it a try here. Paid 320 to convert to a business visa (not sure if I overpaid but won't matter until next year) I enjoy the low cost of living and the climate is nicer on my aging joints knees back etc. Just trying to figure some things out, joined a few Facebook groups and just winging it for now. Found this website from a guy I met at a pub. Still reading trying to get a general sense of things here. So, that's it. Happy to be here and so much to read. Thanks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic