Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Taga
Tourist
France

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Taga »

Hi I'm John.

I've been living in the Philippines for more than 20 years and I am looking for greener pastures.
It doesn’t matter “what” you know but “who” you know :wave:
SoberAsABird
Tourist
United States of America

Post by SoberAsABird »

Hi, I'm Matt, just visiting Cambodia for two weeks and have been taking in some of the forums and appreciate the advice shared here. I'm having a great time so far in Phnom Penh and look forward to visiting Siem Reap. This is a well great resource.
Side Note: some hilarious comments and threads, how is there no comedy clubs in Phnom Penh?
“Brasky got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a delicious 16-ounce steak. The afterbirth was sauteed mushrooms.”
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

SoberAsABird wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:45 am Hi, I'm Matt, just visiting Cambodia for two weeks and have been taking in some of the forums and appreciate the advice shared here. I'm having a great time so far in Phnom Penh and look forward to visiting Siem Reap. This is a well great resource.
Side Note: some hilarious comments and threads, how is there no comedy clubs in Phnom Penh?
You are already on the biggest and best comedy club in Cambodia . It's called CEO where you can become the main stand up, sit down or fall down drunk actor of the day.
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

Hi everyone.

I took early retirement 2017 and traveled to Cambodia prior to covid-19 for 6 months at a time. I'm from Canada so I winter in KoW. Was there in 2018 and 2019. Had to cut my 2019 trip short because of covid-19 and return home in March 2020. Have not been back since.

I hope to be able to return this fall. I have been a looker on CEO since my first trip when an expat I met suggested the site to me. I figure if I plan on returning this fall, I should register myself. There is a lot of useful information on here to help a rookie to KoW to navigate the nuances of Cambodia culture, traditions and customs.

I still have a lot to learn about my new adopted home for 6 months of the year. Looking forward to getting back and immerse myself back into Cambodian society.

NewInKoW
kven
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by kven »

Hi, I'm Rick. I've been in Cambodia for about 6 years, and Southeast Asia for about twelve. I'm mostly involved in real estate, rentals, and construction here in Phnom Penh
Exodus512
Tourist

Post by Exodus512 »

Hi, i am Marcus. Going to Cambodia for a month long holiday.
cjp
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by cjp »

Hello everyone, I'm still in old Blighty right now, in the process of selling up and making the move to Cambodia.
Thinking of starting in PP. but very much like exploring places before I put any roots down.
Oldish git , so may look to get retirement visa ? Looking to get a motorbike licence (to avoid) paying bribes/fines. Do a lot of traveling by bike, it's in my blood.
Have visited a couple of times before, did Siem Reap , PP , Sihanouk ville and Kampot, about 7 year's ago.
Hope to be there soon, completion can't come soon enough.
Cheers Chris.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

cjp wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:58 am Hello everyone, I'm still in old Blighty right now, in the process of selling up and making the move to Cambodia.
Thinking of starting in PP. but very much like exploring places before I put any roots down.
Oldish git , so may look to get retirement visa ? Looking to get a motorbike licence (to avoid) paying bribes/fines. Do a lot of traveling by bike, it's in my blood.
Have visited a couple of times before, did Siem Reap , PP , Sihanouk ville and Kampot, about 7 year's ago.
Hope to be there soon, completion can't come soon enough.
Cheers Chris.
That's what I did Chris, and I must say, so far, it's been a new life's experience, with its ups and downs, I am hoping the downs will start to stop and the ups will prosper in my retirement years. All the best for you sir.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Post by GeeKay »

G'day

I'll be hitting Phenom Pehn on July 25th for my first visit. Hopefully there are a few like minded day drinkers around to have a chat with because I'll be hitting the bars and whoofing into the grog day and night and whenever I'm awake actually.

No need to worry I'm not a blind drunk obnoxious pest ( I hope not anyway). Na in all seriousness I do have an unusual ability to drink myself sober I reckon.

Donovan
"Money lost, Nothing lost......Confidence lost, Everything lost"
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic