Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
keysgate
Tourist
United States of America

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by keysgate »

Hello everyone 👋 senior citizen here looking to move to PP for a 6mo trial ( if I have the nuts to pull the trigger), and then deciding if I want to purchase a condo. Just found this site and already it's been awesome helpful, like getting a package safely from US and Facebook alternatives (quit them years ago and found out it's a requirement in Cambo 😘 and now they won't let me back). So anyways cheers 🍺 everyone and maybe we will see you! thanks 🙏
wylde
Tourist
Australia

Post by wylde »

Hia.

I'll be there or nearby in Jan '22.

Providing other things proceed as suggested, it'll be a shorter stay than I'd like.
That said, I'm really looking forward to seeing the place, and going for beers with anyone interested. I'm certain that finding someone with whom to drink beer will be a dilemma, but it's a task I'll willingly take on. There are a few hurdles that need clearing before I cement the plan for what's next, but providing what some of the guys here have said is accurate, I'll return, possibly for the long haul.

Quality of life will surely be better unless I go out mongering every night.

😎
Dontsmoke
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Dontsmoke »

Hello Everyone. I recently arrived in Phnom Penh. I live close to Riverside. I'm looking for nice places to go to. I don't like girly bars but my hotel is nice. I like watching sports, quizs, a few beers. Any places in mind. Also what should I be aware of. Rip offs. Thanks.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

I like girly bars. All my rheumatism vanish for a while, I always feel younger, more handsome after the bar visit. Couldnt find any better and less harmful medicine. Beware of market vegetable sellers, as barang they might charge you 500 riel more for the veggies. :D Buy in supermarkets. :hattip:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Dontsmoke wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:09 pm Hello Everyone. I recently arrived in Phnom Penh. I live close to Riverside. I'm looking for nice places to go to. I don't like girly bars but my hotel is nice. I like watching sports, quizs, a few beers. Any places in mind. Also what should I be aware of. Rip offs. Thanks.
Odd sentence.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Soy6
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Soy6 »

Hi everyone I have been reading for a few months used to be active on TV years ago. Looking to move from Pattaya to PP soon and find work as a swim instructor or physical therapist.
OriginalSlim
Tourist
Philippines

Post by OriginalSlim »

I'm Slim..(or used to be anyway).

Currently in the US and looking to get out again. I have a home in the Philippines and a great wife of 33yrs. We lived in the PI for 10yrs,and it just got to be too much and needed a break. I'd like to find a quiet place to rent to hang my hat,and to find a place with some elevation to avoid the heat would be nice. I like the idea of SR,but sure would like to find a smaller quiet place. I think that may be difficult as I understand Se Asians are a little more of a noisy culture? No offense,it is what it is.Although I don't partake,I am supportive of the puff puff pass culture as well,especially as it pertains to to elder issues. I don't much drink anymore,and don't chase the wild wimmins anymore either,so I'm pretty boring.Ha ha ha.

I guess I should ask around in the other forums for advice concerning health care which I gather is still in the development stage.
Lightman
Tourist
Australia

Post by Lightman »

First ride on a bike for 7 years around the Angkor temples yesterday...Wow!

Just spent 6 years in Vietnam. Nearly 2 years teaching English then recovering from an illness. Stayed long enough in PP before goiing via Pursat to Cardamom mountains. Just arrived from Battambang. Hope to teach English again.

Vegan, not really a foodie but into health and nature especially trees. Like most music, pay guitar a bit. Like art and exploring foreign culture. Non drinker and smoker.

My last job in Australia was driving big government city buses for nearly 10 years in Perth Australia. My home town is Cairns in crocodile country Far North Queensland.
dbigwalker
Tourist
United States of America

Post by dbigwalker »

Hi, I'm coming to The Land Of Wonder to recover from my chronic illnesses. I'm not a totally unknown blues musician with dark skin if that matters. Anyway I just want to introduce myself to the community. If you like blues, jazz and rock & roll when I'm back on my feet you may see me around.
Blues is my Business
https://www.blueswalker.com
TheSaltyVet
Tourist
United States of America

Post by TheSaltyVet »

Hi, i'm boots on the ground and have been living here since Feb 25th in BKK1. I'm US Veteran now retired and traveling SE Asia. But staying here in PP for 6 months. Walked around and met some nice people. Most folks here are very respectful then the US. Blows me away, but at the same time a nice experience. I plan on checking out Harry's bar in Riverside this coming up Friday, have some lunch then maybe a massage and then walk the park there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic