Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
akabigpoppa
Tourist

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by akabigpoppa »

Good morning everyone from Canada
Joined the forum as I’m interested in moving in the area perhaps in the next few years for my retirement . dream would be to stay there six months and back in Canada six months , so just trying to gain as much information as possible .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

akabigpoppa wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:07 pm Good morning everyone from Canada Image
Joined the forum as I’m interested in moving in the area perhaps in the next few years for my retirement . dream would be to stay there six months and back in Canada six months , so just trying to gain as much information as possible .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You may have made a mistake. After reading these threads for a few years, you'll think everyone here is crazy and foolish, so you may change your mind about coming here.
Verngeo
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Verngeo »

Hi Everyone,

I'm moving to Cambodia in November after a short lived experience in Tokyo. My wife and two kids will be joining me and needless to say we are very excited/nervous about the adventure.

I will no doubt be asking lots of questions (mainly around where to watch the football/best places to eat/drink) and so I would like to say hello before the pestering starts.

I'm originally from Manchester UK, and have absolutley no idea what I have let myself in for...

V
JaneSewpersad
Tourist
India

Post by JaneSewpersad »

Hello my name is Jane Sewpersad. Now I have been here for 3 years in Total, Phnom Penh. I am from Chendai India and I love Cambodia. Very happy to be part of this community of expatriates.
spielben
Tourist
France

Post by spielben »

Hi guys, My name is Ben I am french living in Thailand since 8 years. I run a photography and video agency in Phuket and Bangkok.
I visited 4 times Cambodia and really loved it. Hopefully after the 16th jabb I''l be able to enter the kingdom again.
MstrGreen
Tourist
Canada

Post by MstrGreen »

Hi! I like Cambodia and want to live there!!
RorschachRev
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by RorschachRev »

I'm from the US and was supposed to get married in Japan. Japan is closed indefinitely (again), my fiancee deleted her social media accounts. I was thinking about visiting and maybe staying in Cambodia because I can't stay in S Korea without a consistent leave and re-enter plan (which would have been fine if Japan was open). I have a software writing company with a few clients, doing blockchain development, running SEO and large publishing site, some collaboration engine work for peer reviewed journal, mobile development for documenting belongings for insurance purposes, etc.
I lost confidence in the US ability to handle coronavirus, mostly because the people are so resistant to wearing masks for anything else that infringes on their freedom to social acceptable murder. Omicron and more deadly variants have been a talking point of mine since April 2020 so I'm a bit passionate about effective policy. S Korea and Japan interested me. On the flip side, Cambodia is a place where I feel like I could build a bit of a sustainable farm in a rural area and leave/reenter the other areas as time goes on. I'm not sure, but Cambodia at least has lower infection rates and the country is semi-open to vaccinated travelers.
Tomo
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Tomo »

Tomo here, just a quick hello, long time lurker here and on TOF. Lived and worked here from 2010 -15, then Beijing/Tokyo/Seoul for a few years and currently residing in the Balkans.
Since 2015 managed to get back here for short visits at least three or four times per year until Covid lock-downs, so after almost two years, managed to get back yesterday, very happy to have made it back :D
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

RorschachRev wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 am I'm not sure, but Cambodia at least has lower infection rates and the country is semi-open to vaccinated travelers.
You better always question any number anyone gives you in Cambodia. Age, salary, number of daily cases, price paid yesterday, number of (sexual) partners, cans of beer consumed ... Usually the numbers presented are a bit far from reality.
nndavid
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by nndavid »

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new here but finding this a great resource! Been coming to PP since 1997, mostly on short trips and almost always work-related. The count has gone beyond 50 trips now! Hope to retire here one day, if I can work out how to retire! Looking forward to being an active contributor and thanks to all for sharing such useful information. Cheers, Jay
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic