Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lando1978
Tourist
New Zealand

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by lando1978 »

HI,
Been over and had a great time, looking to start exporting/importing goods into Cambodia and surrounding area.
Based in New Zealand and currently freezing in winter, looking to come back as soon as possible
If you have got money you can do what you want, if you realise this you can REALLY do what you want.
Phnom Penh Trader
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Phnom Penh Trader »

Hi there I am a very Handsum Man I know this as it has been confirmed by various ladies from all over South-East Asia so it’s NOT up for dispute!
Born in England from an Irish background like in any big UK city I’m a Midlander btw,spent 7 years in Thailand in Chiang Mai,Bangkok and Phuket.Did 2 years in Cebu,Philippines and an all too brief year in Phnom Penh before getting stuck back in Blighty by this stupid CONvid-19 Kung Flu!
4 long years in the land of the land whales my eyes hurt every time I walk down the street here as the ground shakes with the drunk,tattooed,loud-mouthed,bingo-winged Hoonas that inhabit this miserable place?
All I have right now is memories and the belief that one day soon I will step on that plane knowing that when I step off I will once again be surrounded by beautiful,feminine and sweet-natured dusky maidens and the nightmare will be over!
Failing that please give me some addresses where I can send my ashes after self-immolating so that I may be scattered on the mighty Mekong River from one of those party boats,heading into the sunset with cans of Anchor and Cambodia flowing freely to the tune of Karaoke I’m thinking maybe John Denver’s Country Road,or perhaps more relevant these days Sweet Caroline but I am open to other offers on that one?
I was actually in Cambodia for a visa run or holiday when Pontoon was exactly that a Pontoon moored next to the Riverside and awesome,with freelancers on tap all threatening to glass each other the good old days!
Much better than that rubbish place they have now where just parking your bike risks being ripped off for five dollars as they padlock your front wheel,even just while drinking in Sorya Golden Mall although that has probably also changed by now as well I’ve seen the shocking photos of the revamp on here!
I was living just around the corner from Super Duper in Boeung Trabaek not far from Tuol Tumpoung/Russian Market which was a great spot,Riverside a bit too seedy and BKK1 a bit too expensive I actually loved it around there but then I’ve always loved PP the world’s biggest village as that’s the mentality there and it makes the place.
As for Sihanoukville I won’t even go there,nor will anyone else so yeh that’s me and yes I miss South-East Asia more than life itself!

P.S. Why aren’t the avatars working on here do you need so many posts to qualify for one?
If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts,happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Welcome. It's possible your avatar is too large. Try shrinking it, or send me a link to it and I'll get it uploaded for you. :good:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Phnom Penh Trader wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:48 am
Much better than that rubbish place they have now where just parking your bike risks being ripped off for five dollars as they padlock your front wheel,even just while drinking in Sorya Golden Mall although that has probably also changed by now as well I’ve seen the shocking photos of the revamp on here!
Pontoon has been closed down for over a year and the area around there is mostly closed up and derelict with lots of homeless people wandering about.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Phnom Penh Trader
Expatriate
Cambodia

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:43 am
Phnom Penh Trader wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:48 am
Pontoon has been closed down for over a year and the area around there is mostly closed up and derelict with lots of homeless people wandering about.
Just as well an absolute Godawful dive I never liked anything about it and missed the old Heart of Darkness before it was taken over?
If with a pure mind a person speaks or acts,happiness follows them like a never-departing shadow.
Phnom Penh Trader
Expatriate
Cambodia

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:28 am Welcome. It's possible your avatar is too large. Try shrinking it, or send me a link to it and I'll get it uploaded for you. :good:
Cheers for that just trying to work out how to link it,can I email it to the admin or something?
Phnom Penh Trader
Expatriate
Cambodia

General Mackevili wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:28 am Welcome. It's possible your avatar is too large. Try shrinking it, or send me a link to it and I'll get it uploaded for you. :good:
Hi there how do I start a thread if allowed,I just used a company called TransferWise to send money to my web developer in Thailand as WesternUnion is down and it’s actually a much better company so wanted to share it?
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

Hi!
Uncle V here. New to the board, previously on KH440 but not much activity there. I'm a 40 something Croatian-American working in Moscow, Russia.

I was happily stuck in Cambodia for 6 months during the first wave of the pandemic in March 2020. Time of my life. Lots of travel throughout the country and had a blast at the friendly Riverside bars and a certain "nautical" named coffee shop on 172 (LOL). Hoping to get back soon for a couple of weeks. Hoping for late December (Xmass and NY holiday). Fingers crossed!

On the forum to keep up with the local scene and to relive fond memories of one of my favorite countries and people.

cheers!
U-V!
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

Hey all,

I'm an American who's been living here for a few years now. Looks like I'll continue living here for the foreseeable future. Pleased to make your acquaintances.
Biker
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Biker »

Hi All.

Firstly, many thanks to General Mackevili for the kind welcome.

I chose the name Biker because I caught that bug way, way back. It's an addiction, but one that I am comfortable with.

I'm a long term visitor who has spent about 2 months every year for about 20 years in the KoW. Intended to retire to KoW, now retired but stuck in the UK during the PanPanic. Got an arm like a pin-cushion (totally vaxxed-out) but still cannot easily go anywhere in SE Asia - except maybe Phuket. Going Stir Crazy and missing PP soooo much: the laid back lifestyle, the warm weather, the food, the pizza toppings, the bars, the beautiful ladies, even missing GSM & HoD (though the latter is only a sad a shadow of its former self).... ...and wondering how on earth to get a visa to get back :o :please: as the Cambodian Embassy in London has stated that I can only get a visa if I have a job in Cambodia. thumbdown

Stay safe all.

B.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic