Introduce Yourself

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:34 pm
whatwat wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:29 am Welcome.
SE Asia isn’t a place to come if you’ve had or have suicidal thoughts. Get help at home then travel.
on the contrary, it sounds like he needs something to do/somewhere to go to take his mind of this failed marriage, not all people that have had suicidal thoughts have a mental illness that follows them around, 2020 was a rough year for a lot of people not the best time to suddenly find your self alone and isolated
Anyone who has suicidal thoughts have some kind of mental imbalance. To what degree that is isn’t for us to surmise over the Internet.
Having worked in mental health, as a volunteer admittedly, I saw first hand how simple “feeling low” manifests itself over a matter of months. It’s not usually a particular experience that triggers it but tips the person over the edge.

Going to a place with cheap booze and cheap plentiful supply of drugs and, this is the main issue, no support isn’t advised.
Just my 2p worth.
Yes but there’s Situational Depression and Clinical Depression, If hes Clinically depressed, then you are totally right, but if his Depression is caused from his divorce then its situational depression and maybe a fresh start somewhere is all he needs to pull himself out of his slump that hes found himself in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Not really clear cut as that in practice but let’s not plot hairs eh.
Right so as I said. Seek help then decide what to do.
I’m pretty sure he won’t know what type he has or even if he’s thought about it.
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

whatwat wrote:Not really clear cut as that in practice but let’s not plot hairs eh.
Right so as I said. Seek help then decide what to do.
I’m pretty sure he won’t know what type he has or even if he’s thought about it.
Yes of course mate, depression is depression in the end of the day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Elige
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Elige »

Hello everybody from New York
DonnasDemonic
Tourist

Post by DonnasDemonic »

Hi I love Cambodia can’t wait to go back. Nice to join all of you expats.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

G'day CEO members, Been reading the forum for the last couple of years now & thought it's about time I joined.
I live in QLD have my khmer partner here with me and have been to Cambodia half a dozen times over the past few years and plan to possibly retire there early with my partner down the track if possible.. But in the mean time just enjoy reading the different stories shared on here and the banter... Cheers
Myaid
Tourist
Equatorial Guinea

Post by Myaid »

Hello all! Sok Sabai.... the name is MYIAD - ama 14 year resident of Cambo - 22 years since the first visit... had bars, hse, breakdowns, seen friends expire, alsmost went down a few times my self :-), was on the first premier web site Pehnball and KM11and all of that... into poker... played the joker [at hte Wlkbout], hun out with Generals in kareokes, and generally an all round freind of Cambodia - good to see you all behaving - and looking forward to scoping some of your thoughts nad activities... cheers Myaid
Groovy.Daddio
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Groovy.Daddio »

I'm an American man in my 60's looking forward to retirement. I've researched Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia (among other countries) as a potential retirement destination. Cambodia's retirement Visa seems to be the easiest (by far) to acquire. Planning my first recon visit to Siem Reap later this year or early next year, after the pandemic blows over. If everything goes well, I plan to make my big move in late 2023. I've been monitoring the rent prices in Siem Reap, and the prices are so low I wish I could move now. Hopefully, the cost of living will still be low two years from now.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Groovy.Daddio wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:39 am I'm an American man in my 60's looking forward to retirement. I've researched Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia (among other countries) as a potential retirement destination. Cambodia's retirement Visa seems to be the easiest (by far) to acquire. Planning my first recon visit to Siem Reap later this year or early next year, after the pandemic blows over. If everything goes well, I plan to make my big move in late 2023. I've been monitoring the rent prices in Siem Reap, and the prices are so low I wish I could move now. Hopefully, the cost of living will still be low two years from now.
Best thing about cambodia for us is they use american 🇺🇸 money and i get a lot of it unless biden screws us over .
I am almost 70 y.o.also now in seim reap I would tell you more but can not on this forum .
Time flys when you’re havin rum
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

lol

You don't have to answer this question right now, the answer usually slips out in time...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic