Visa for Australia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Visa for Australia

Post by Duncan »

I happened to mention to a friend in oz that I was in the process of helping someone fill out all the forms that they needed to apply for a tourist visa for Australia,, and what a load of shit they ask for when compared to other countries , eg Thailand Malaysia Vietnam etc.
One of their friends was in Cambodia last year and spent $$$$ on trying to obtain a visa for a girl he met while here but the application was turned down, or the ''' agent '' did a runner with his money and they have asked [ on his behalf ] if there are any Immigration Agents in Cambodia, that are REGESTERED with the Australian Immigration Service, that I knew of.
A search revels only one ,, AJS Education @ Migration Agents , in Khan Meanchey.
Has anyone used this agent or know of any others.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Visa for Australia

Post by Username Taken »

Sorry can't help with your question about agents, but I went through all that process last year getting a tourist visa for the trouble and strife.
I did all the documentation myself, and I agree it is a rather grueling process. At one point the wife told me that it would be a waste of time because most applications for visa to Oz get rejected, and they don't give you any money back.
I was more optimistic than her, because I had all the necessary documents, proof of employment, photos going back years, proof of money in the bank, proof of prepaid return tickets, proof of travel plan + accommodation, etc.

One of the most annoying things was that the Oz embassy won't help you. They will just refer you to the outsourced visa company in the Mekong Tower. The visa company at Mekong Tower were also totally useless, and were really nothing but receivers of applications/documents. They can't help to answer any questions.

Good luck.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Username Taken wrote:Sorry can't help with your question about agents, but I went through all that process last year getting a tourist visa for the trouble and strife.
I did all the documentation myself, and I agree it is a rather grueling process. At one point the wife told me that it would be a waste of time because most applications for visa to Oz get rejected, and they don't give you any money back.
I was more optimistic than her, because I had all the necessary documents, proof of employment, photos going back years, proof of money in the bank, proof of prepaid return tickets, proof of travel plan + accommodation, etc.

One of the most annoying things was that the Oz embassy won't help you. They will just refer you to the outsourced visa company in the Mekong Tower. The visa company at Mekong Tower were also totally useless, and were really nothing but receivers of applications/documents. They can't help to answer any questions.

Good luck.

I will assume that you eventually got the visa ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Yes, you assume correctly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I found getting a tourist visa to Aus for my partner fairly simple, much more so than a visitor visa to NZ.

The main thing you need to convince immigration of is that the applicant has sufficient funds to cover their stay, and the main one, that they have a reason to return to Cambodia (children, family, own property, gainful employment, etc.). If you can't provide satisfactory evidence of the applicants intent to return to Cambodia, then it is unlikely a visa will be granted.

Just follow the instructions online.and provide everything they ask for and more, there really is no need to pay some rip off agent like Raz ;)
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Visa for Australia

Post by General Mackevili »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:...there really is no need to pay some rip off agent like Raz ;)
Haha, someone contacted the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority and they confirmed that Raz with East West visa services is definitely not registered as a migration agent in Australia.

Here is the response they got:

Thank you for your enquiry

Our website http://www.mara.gov.au has a list of all Australian registered migration agents. The agent name you provided was not found on our register. This person is not currently registered as a migration agent in Australia.

In Australia, a person who provides immigration advice or assistance must be registered with us. A migration agent who practices solely from overseas is not legally required to be registered, however we do encourage overseas agents to become registered.

The Offshore ID number you refer to is not a migration agents registration number. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) sometimes gives the overseas agents they deal with an ID number, which is used for administrative purposes and does not confer any benefits. More information about this is on the DIBP website: http://www.immi.gov.au/FAQs/Pages/migra ... ralia.aspx

Regards

Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority

Tel: 1300 226 272 (in Australia)
Tel: +61 2 9078 3552 (from overseas)
Web: http://www.mara.gov.au

Level 10
111 Elizabeth Street
SYDNEY NSW 2000

PO Box Q1551
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

@ Duncan, and Ricecakes (if he's reading this),

When applying for a passport outside of Australia, you don't need a Notary. You just need a professional person, as per LaudJohn's list, but that person can be a local.
LJ's list:
Teachers,
Police Officers,
Lawyers
Accountants (a CPA or ACA),
Pharmacists,
Bank Managers,
Justice of the Peace
The list is very long.

But, you need to know that person, or at least, that person must know the passport applicant for at least x years.

When I did my kids' passports and the wife's visa, I used the company lawyer from work. However, I also had to provide a copy of the lawyers passport and a copy of the lawyer's registration with the local Bar Association as proof.

Translated copies of birth certificates, etc. were done by pyramid translation which were accepted by the embassy.

:beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic