Kampot is amazing

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Kampot is amazing

Post by Samouth »

I was in Kampot this weekend to join some festivals. I am not sure how many times i have been to Kampot. Since i was young i have been to Kampot many times with family as we have relative living there. However, traveling with family and by your own is completely different. This time in Kampot was the best time of all times i have been there. I got to know more about the province and especially the city. Last time i was there i only stayed at green house the whole time and didn't manage to go around and see the city. This time, i went around the city and that when i felt Kampot is amazing and relaxed and it could be the place i would consider to reside and work there. What i like the most about Kampot province is that it is so relaxed and less traffic compare to Phnom Penh. People is friendly and i felt Kampot is safer than Phnom Penh. Not to mention, everything is cheap compare to Phnom Penh. In addition, expats there are very friendly, maybe more friendlier than Phnom Penh expats. I hopped from one bars to another and i met so many expats and it is good hearing them sharing about their lives in Kampot. However, there are nutters everywhere. I didn't witness the fight but i saw a British guy lying on the road with head injury and i went down to see. I asked other onlookers and i was told that he was attacked by another foreigner. He was beaten up because he insulted his attacker in the face. I am not sure which nationality the attacker, judging for his accent, i guess he is British. By the way, the man who had been attacked was a complete prick. He called his friends who were helping him and calling for ambulance cunt all the time and motherfucker. He should had left dying on the road. However, apart from this, Kampot is a great place to stay for so many reasons.

បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot is amazing

Post by prahkeitouj »

It is such a peaceful place.I love nature and quiet place. I don't like the city for many reasons. I might go there to do farming in the future.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Samouth wrote: However, there are nutters everywhere. I didn't witness the fight but i saw a British guy lying on the road with head injury and i went down to see. I asked other onlookers and i was told that he was attacked by another foreigner. He was beaten up because he insulted his attacker in the face. I am not sure which nationality the attacker, judging for his accent, i guess he is British. By the way, the man who had been attacked was a complete prick. He called his friends who were helping him and calling for ambulance cunt all the time and motherfucker. He should had left dying on the road. However, apart from this, Kampot is a great place to stay for so many reasons.
That's funny. Cool report, I have always liked Kampot, and your pictures are great. I want to go there again soon.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i really enjoyed my stay in Kampot also, its a nice little town and a great get away from SHV,
funny story though, glad to see the Brits doing us proud, if the guy that got attacked was using words like mother fucker, he definitely is not english we never use that word, its more american,
i dont know why, but it always sounds odd americans/australians using the word cunt
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

the big problem is, if you move to kampot, how will you be able to spot scobienz twice on the same day and write about that incredible experience?

We've got to convince scobie to move as well, there's no other way.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Just tell him he will be closer to biloeboy, no convincing needed.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

just dont get drunk and fall for the charms of a handsome bartender, and be careful on them stairs ;)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Thanks for the report, Samouth. I also have been hearing good things about Kampot. I hear it's quite a pretty place, what with the colonial architecture. But is it all in good shape?
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:It is such a peaceful place.I love nature and quiet place. I don't like the city for many reasons. I might go there to do farming in the future.
such a good plan.

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

John Bingham wrote:
Samouth wrote: However, there are nutters everywhere. I didn't witness the fight but i saw a British guy lying on the road with head injury and i went down to see. I asked other onlookers and i was told that he was attacked by another foreigner. He was beaten up because he insulted his attacker in the face. I am not sure which nationality the attacker, judging for his accent, i guess he is British. By the way, the man who had been attacked was a complete prick. He called his friends who were helping him and calling for ambulance cunt all the time and motherfucker. He should had left dying on the road. However, apart from this, Kampot is a great place to stay for so many reasons.
That's funny. Cool report, I have always liked Kampot, and your pictures are great. I want to go there again soon.
Yes. Kampot is really nice and very cheap compare to Phnom Penh. I always paid more than 1 dollar for coke in any bars in PP, but .075 cent in many bars in Kampot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic