Kampot is amazing

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Kampot is amazing

Post by prahkeitouj »

kiwiincambodia wrote:
Samouth wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Samouth wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Can I come as well?

:beer3:
Oh of course, you are welcomed to come with us, however make sure you can get along as we will only speak Khmer all the time, no esky or chilly bin.
Well I'm not coming if you are going to drink warm beer. That the greatest sin out there.
Oh Nah. We will drink cool beer. Actually you absolutely can bring your chilly bin along, but the thing is that we will not speak English with you, i meant Kiwi language. Oh one more thing, you can't share the room with us.
So you and LS are sharing a room?
ImageImage

I'm not coming now, I don't want to be some 3rd wheel.

[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2jfltsy.jpg[/img]
You are over think!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Kampot is amazing

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

They really look after the riverside esplanade in Kampot...gardens maintained, no rubbish, plenty of rubbish bins which are emptied regularly, brand new exercise equipment, kids playground, no-one sniffing glue and/or begging, just to name a few. I wish PP's riverside esplanade was like Kampots.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: RE: Kampot is amazing

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Samouth wrote:
kiwiincambodia wrote:
Samouth wrote:
Oh of course, you are welcomed to come with us, however make sure you can get along as we will only speak Khmer all the time, no esky or chilly bin.
Well I'm not coming if you are going to drink warm beer. That the greatest sin out there.
Oh Nah. We will drink cool beer. Actually you absolutely can bring your chilly bin along, but the thing is that we will not speak English with you, i meant Kiwi language. Oh one more thing, you can't share the room with us.
So you and LS are sharing a room?
ImageImage

I'm not coming now, I don't want to be some 3rd wheel.

[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2jfltsy.jpg[/img]
You are over think!
He never have clear mind. So don't mind it. :D
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Lolz
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

PSD-Kiwi wrote:They really look after the riverside esplanade in Kampot...gardens maintained, no rubbish, plenty of rubbish bins which are emptied regularly, brand new exercise equipment, kids playground, no-one sniffing glue and/or begging, just to name a few. I wish PP's riverside esplanade was like Kampots.

I wish PP's riverside was like Takhmau's. You spot the difference in the photo's taken just a few days ago.

Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Thanks for that, Duncan. A Streetview tour puts Ta Khmau in a very clear and clean light. And only 10 km from PP. Hmmm. Think one would have to learn Khmer to live there though. Will put on the visit list.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

ExPenhMan wrote:Thanks for that, Duncan. A Streetview tour puts Ta Khmau in a very clear and clean light. And only 10 km from PP. Hmmm. Think one would have to learn Khmer to live there though. Will put on the visit list.

Only 10km, but if you take the city buses its about 20km and can take 2 hours. It's surprising the amount of barangs that I have seen now living ? in the area, whereas 3 years ago I think I was the only one.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

ta khmau looks nice!
rents cheaper than PP?
how long to the airport>
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

frank lee bent wrote:ta khmau looks nice!
rents cheaper than PP?
how long to the airport>
^^^This. Plus, if there are other barangs there, is it too much to expect a decent resto or coffee bar or booze bar?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

frank lee bent wrote:ta khmau looks nice!
rents cheaper than PP?
how long to the airport>

Depends on the traffic jams, and they aint getting any better.

Booze bars and restaurant are not on my list.

I often walk from Takhmau to PP [ 12 km ] not only for the exercise but for the entertainment and people you meet on the way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic