Fake $100 notes at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Fake $100 notes at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Taken off Facebook:

Never say it will never happen to you, and always check your money! This is 1 of 2 fake $100 bills out of 5 that were handed to the husband of a colleague of mine from a ticket cashier at Suvarnabhumi Airport (Code BKK) when he was flying back from there to Phnom Penh on business. Simply for possessing it he could have easily been thrown in jail and so could you - "It's not my fault, I didn't know" doesn't normally fly as an excuse, but because this man could prove he was handed it while on business with a reputable NGO, the embassy police simply confiscated it and the 2 are on their way to the Feds.

It's really fucking weird having the word COPY at the bottom along with a complete non-attempt to place the holograms in the cream see-through part, and having the words "Federal Reserve Note" and "This Note is Legal Tender for all Debts, Public and Private" on the same bill. Dudes were seriously some stupid fuckers, these aren't even a good attempt at counterfeit $$ like they do it in Britain (don't ask how I know) and the colors are so 80's day-glo when you hold it in real life it's ridiculous. What makes it passible are 2 factors: 1. When counting, people use their right hand to count and the left to hold, and they usually only see the left upright front side (the most passible if the word COPY wasn't there; still confounded by that but it may well be a real legal loophole that some legit smart assholes researched and could have them avoid any jail time, who knows) so the parts that stand out as being really fake aren't seen much when counting. 2. If you are a cashier and don't check it could be an honest mistake and then you're sitting there with your conscious and livelihood holding counterfeit money at an international airport OR you could try to save your own ass by simply masking it in a wad of legit bills to someone who's in a real hurry to catch a flight so YOU don't go to jail / lose your job / are investigated by multiple international intelligence agencies simply for making a mistake or being too lazy to check. Here, I have never in my life - from mini-marts to big banks - not had someone hold up and check any bill over a $50. If there's a slight tear, it's useless, so you can imagine the consequences of something like this.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Fake $100 notes at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Cam Nivag »

Why would someone be getting $100 bills as change from a ticket cashier?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: RE: Re: Fake $100 notes at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote:Why would someone be getting $100 bills as change from a ticket cashier?
Well, maybe they paid with a.....oh, right.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: RE: Re: Fake $100 notes at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by Cam Nivag »

General Mackevili wrote:
Cam Nivag wrote:Why would someone be getting $100 bills as change from a ticket cashier?
Well, maybe they paid with a.....oh, right.
Right. I don't get it.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Fake $100 notes at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) in Bangkok, Thailand

Post by takeoman »

Whole story seems to be light on facts. When did he realise the notes were fake? How was he able to prove that they were handed to him by a ticket cashier and, as has already been pointed, out why would he be getting five hundred dollar bills in change from this cashier? :hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

BULL shit;

as above
why would anyone get 5 $100 bills from a cashier
Having the notes wont get u in trouble UNLESS u try to pass them as real. I have lots of them
we would get an average of 4-5 fake $100 in $50,000 ONLY

another fb bull story
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Easy, it's 100% bullshit. 1st, they would never pay you in $$ and 2ndly what was the change for - a $1000 bill ? They're bad liars. They should have said that they got them from a currency exchange when they cashed in their baht.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

wackyjacky wrote:Easy, it's 100% bullshit. 1st, they would never pay you in $$ and 2ndly what was the change for - a $1000 bill ? They're bad liars. They should have said that they got them from a currency exchange when they cashed in their baht.

Is it possible that the husband in question had to come up with a quick cover story, to conceal what he got up to in Bangkok? Surely not, he works for a reputable NGO.

:hattip:
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
dang
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by dang »

What I want to know is... what depths of boredom are required to bother posting a fake FB story?
What's in it for the poster of this?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

What I want to know is... what depths of boredom ...
why the fuck u are going thru CEO and dredging up 2+year old posts? :stir: :stir:

You BORED??
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic