Thailands NEW METV

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailands NEW METV

Post by phuketrichard »

confirmed for LAOS,
no more double entry

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

sigmoid wrote:
they can fuck right off.
xenophobic twerps are fixing to have a class war anyway.
Yes, indeed. Other than crossing over a few times from Laos haven't been to Thailand in about 5 1/2 years, ever since the morons occupied downtown and burnt down 35 buildings in Bangkok. The other group of morons of screwed the whole thing up. Both sides are equally to blame.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge. Looking at the (very near) future: not that it matters much, but i would characterize it more as a regional rebellion against a centralized power rather than a class war (Lanna/issan vs Central/South). It's basically a lose/lose situation as it is clear that neither side knows how to manage the administration of a whole country.

All these "falangs" trying to hang on with their visa runs and extensions, dutifully submitting their documents, reporting every 90 days and begging to stay are fighting a losing battle. Once the lawlessness begins the people who merely get deported will be the lucky ones.
agreed !
what about the suckers who have paid 2 million baht ( US$57,000) for a five-year Visa? When someone recently asked me whether they should invest in this I simply said don't even consider it until there is at least 1 ounce of political and social stability whereas right now it's a potential powderkeg. I mean invest US$57,000 in a country where the military is is on such shaky ground that they even had to ban the three finger sign from the hunger games movie for fuck's sake.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wtf are u on about???

its 500,000 for 5 years ( still a bit high when i pay less than $60/year for my 1 year extension)
Thailand Easy Access Package (2014)
- 5 Yrs Multiple Entry Privilege Visa
- THB 500,000 (included VAT)
- Airport Fast Track Service
- Limousine (24 times/yr)
- Government Concierges
- Special Discount
- 24 hrs Call Center
- Upgrade THB 1.5 Mil (ex.Vat)
- Age not less than 20 years
2 mil is for a 20 year visa
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
obelisks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by obelisks »

phuketrichard wrote:wtf are u on about???

its 500,000 for 5 years ( still a bit high when i pay less than $60/year for my 1 year extension)
Thailand Easy Access Package (2014)
- 5 Yrs Multiple Entry Privilege Visa
- THB 500,000 (included VAT)
- Airport Fast Track Service
- Limousine (24 times/yr)
- Government Concierges
- Special Discount
- 24 hrs Call Center
- Upgrade THB 1.5 Mil (ex.Vat)
- Age not less than 20 years
2 mil is for a 20 year visa

It is academic if its 50,000, 500,000 or 2 million?
The idea of paying any lump sum to any organisation while the country is firmly being run by a military government (and before knowing what is going to happen regarding stability or instability as far as the population is concerned in the long term) is ludicrous particularly when the military has shown their true sentiment towards foreigners being here so many times including in 2014 when they infamously said the following

“Leave Thailand and leave us alone” – that’s if you have any disagreement with the military coup. “

http://tastythailand.com/thai-military- ... -industry/
Otis
Expatriate

Post by Otis »

Well that's the coup's position vis-a-vis Thais as well.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote:confirmed for LAOS,
no more double entry

looks like the requirements are just as strict as well, so does this mean everyone will have to go home in order to apply for the multi visa then?
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

It means the somewhat smart folks will be leaving Thailand soon.

The smart folks and the really smart folks have already left.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

yes,means no more double/triple entries for those that have been relying on them to live long term in Thailand, (lots going to get doubles in Laos)
Triples in Bali
For REAL tourists or those with the correct visa it means nothing
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

sigmoid wrote:It means the somewhat smart folks will be leaving Thailand soon.

The smart folks and the really smart folks have already left.
In 1995 I saw a "train crash" coming and left Thailand, relocating to Cambodia in 1996. Went back for a short (and cheap) holiday in 1997 after the Baht collapsed. Around the bars I started hearing phrases like "Farang poot Thai, mai dee, loo maak" (The farang who speaks Thai is no good as he knows too much). The Thai smile had "cracked". I was glad to get back to Phnom Penh, even though it was a little "rough 'round the edges" back then. I really enjoyed my time in Thailand in the '80's and early '90's but feel I made the right decision to move to Phnom Penh. I am still really happy here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic