Conflicting Cambodian visa information - beware of BS.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Conflicting Cambodian visa information - beware of BS.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Just came across this - true or false ?? Have I missed something here or is this site incorrect ?

Right, first off, they say that it is no longer possible to extend 30 day tourist visa inside Cambodia.
IMPORTANT UPDATE (Posted October 2015)

The extension of a Tourist Visa without need to leave the territory of Cambodia, which used to be tolerated before, is strictly no longer allowed by the Cambodian government. If you are holding a Tourist Visa you will need to exit from the territory of Cambodia on or before the expiry date of your Tourist Visa.
And second that I month ordinary visa is $40 not $35. (I can live with that, but i'd like to know what's going on, since it has recently increased from $25 to $35.)
... purchase a Regular Visa (also referred to as "Business Visa" or "Ordinary Visa"). Your first Regular Visa is good for 30 days stay only and costs US$40.00...
http://www.howtogotocambodia.com/visa-for-cambodia/
Last edited by Anchor Moy on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SinnSisamouth
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Conflicting Cambodian visa information !

Post by SinnSisamouth »

Yes. Tourist visa is valid for one month then you have to leave.

If you read the rest it says Ordinary visas (also known as Business or Regular Visa) is extendable up to 1 year inside Cambodia.

There's also a transit visa for 15 days or so.
i am on these blocked lists;
pucketrichard
hotdgr
sailorman
rozzieoz
stroppychops

:fuckyou:
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SinnSisamouth wrote:Yes. Tourist visa is valid for one month then you have to leave.

If you read the rest it says Ordinary visas (also known as Business or Regular Visa) is extendable up to 1 year inside Cambodia.

There's also a transit visa for 15 days or so.
but before you could extend tourist visas for 1month (only) whats changed recently??? i've not seen anything about visa changes....

and AM's talking about the Price of the Ordinary visa, it used to be $25 (it was still this when i got one March 2014) then it went up to $35 (it was now this when i got one December 2014), but this websites now claiming its $40?? whats the deal with that??
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

I'm going to go with 'that's total bullshit.'

Meaning you can still extend a tourist visa 1 time for 30 days from within the country, and the Cambodia tourist visa still costs $30 USD, as it has since October 1, 2014, when it went up from $20 USD, which is also when the ordinary visa went from $25 USD to $35 USD.

That site looks shady as shit.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:I'm going to go with 'that's total bullshit.'

Meaning you can still extend a tourist visa 1 time for 30 days from within the country, and the Cambodia tourist visa still costs $30 USD, as it has since October 1, 2014, when it went up from $20 USD, which is also when the ordinary visa went from $25 USD to $35 USD.

That site looks shady as shit.
agreed! :good:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Conflicting Cambodian visa information - beware of BS.

Post by Anchor Moy »

Yes, great. Was just wondering if I had totally missed something, gone to sleep and woke up in another space-time to find they'd changed all the rules. Lol. :o
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Anchor Moy wrote:
IMPORTANT UPDATE (Posted October 2015)

The extension of a Tourist Visa without need to leave the territory of Cambodia, which used to be tolerated before, is strictly no longer allowed by the Cambodian government. If you are holding a Tourist Visa you will need to exit from the territory of Cambodia on or before the expiry date of your Tourist Visa.
I'm calling BS on that, they have not provided a link to a verifiable source so where have they got this info from? Also, there has been no press release from the Immigration Department that I can find.

Anchor Moy wrote:
... purchase a Regular Visa (also referred to as "Business Visa" or "Ordinary Visa"). Your first Regular Visa is good for 30 days stay only and costs US$40.00...
Calling BS on that aswell. Not sure where they got that from, it's 35, not 40...but I will be able to confirm that in a few days when I fly in to Pochentong

SinnSisamouth wrote:Yes. Tourist visa is valid for one month then you have to leave.
Where have you got this information from? Tourist visas can be extended for another month without having to leave the country. If it has changed and you are privvy to this information somehow, then please provide evidence of the change.

SinnSisamouth wrote:There's also a transit visa for 15 days or so.
The Transit visa is only valid for 2 nights/3 days.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

:whip:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Cheers PSDK.Quite agree. I was just startled for a minute there. As you see, I've changed it to a BS info on visas thread. :beer1:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Anchor Moy wrote:Yes, great. Was just wondering if I had totally missed something, gone to sleep and woke up in another space-time to find they'd changed all the rules. Lol. :o
Good find, for sure, though. :popcorn:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic