Fines for no helmet to increase to 15000 riel

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: Fines for no helmet to increase to 15000 riel

Post by Samouth » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:35 pm

i was fined three times living in Phnon Penh for almost 6 years and every time i paid them $5.

First, I was really scared and i was really new to Phnom Penh. I was driving with my light on.

Second, I was really in hurry. I was on the way to pick my grandparents up as they arrived in Phnom Penh and were waiting for me at bus station. So i just paid what they asked in order to save me time and avoided the hassle.

Third, I was also really in hurry. I had an appointment with my friends and they already were waiting for me for 20 minutes already. I was driving in the wrong direction :facepalm: . I didn't realise that it was one way street.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Fines for no helmet to increase to 15000 riel

Post by prahkeitouj » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:47 pm

Jerry Atrick wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Jerry Atrick wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Anchor Moy wrote:
You pay more than 15000 for a light on ?
20000 riel for a light on, but I bargain 10000 riel. Maybe I'm look very gentle that was why every time I am fined is more expensive than others.
You should practice a tough look just for traffic police then!

I pay 5000R if I'm stopped on my bike. And I pay 10000R if I'm stopped in my car. I'm very rarely stopped - actually was not stopped from 2010 until this year, but the amounts I pay are still the same. I'll happily wait for them to accept the normal amount, and I'll smile and call the trap policeman "Bpuu" - always works. I've had them start negotiation as high as $40!!
I don't like to negotiate with them because the police was rude to me.
So you reward them for their rudeness, with extra money?

Face is a strange thing sometimes.
No! For not wasting my time more.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: RE: Re: Fines for no helmet to increase to 15000 riel

Post by prahkeitouj » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:50 pm

Samouth wrote:i was fined three times living in Phnon Penh for almost 6 years and every time i paid them $5.

First, I was really scared and i was really new to Phnom Penh. I was driving with my light on.

Second, I was really in hurry. I was on the way to pick my grandparents up as they arrived in Phnom Penh and were waiting for me at bus station. So i just paid what they asked in order to save me time and avoided the hassle.

Third, I was also really in hurry. I had an appointment with my friends and they already were waiting for me for 20 minutes already. I was driving in the wrong direction :facepalm: . I didn't realise that it was one way street.
I know that we experienced to be fined, but the price was different even the same case.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic