South-East Asia Illustrations and corresponding recordings in Khmer

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
aakanee
Tourist

Re: South-East Asia Illustrations and corresponding recordings in Khmer

Post by aakanee »

General Mackevili wrote:This thread reminds me of this video, LoL! I hope you have a sense of humour....

That said, it's a very cool website with awesome pics. Must have taken a lot of time to get all that together in a nice website. Image
:lol: who could have missed that! And thanks for the encouragement after that somewhat harsh welcome ;)

You guys have blindfolded me and put me in handcuffs. I can't even reply to the administrator's private message! :shock:

Anyway. Have a look at the website and help me to make it as relevant to Cambodia as possible by giving me some constructive feedback on the published illustrations. I've got another 50 outstanding and can still shape them.

The idea is not to depict Cambodia per so (or Thailand or whatever), but to feature relevant vocabulary from the region. I'd been working with a book from the USA, and this had a lot of vocabulary which just didn't make much sense for my study of Khmer. So what I'm after with these illustrations is for instance the concept of giving food to the monks in the morning, or the concept of a motorcycle taxi, or the concept of a rainy season with occasional flooding etc. Whether the motorcycle drives on the left or on the right doesn't matter that much...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: South-East Asia Illustrations and corresponding recordings in Khmer

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

aakanee wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote:yeah out of interest, are you just not an expat in cambodia but an expat elsewhere? Thailand?
No, I live in Switzerland.
In a sense, I'm an expat, because I'm not Swiss. But I'm not an expat in SEA.

ooooh the plot thickens..... :twisted: haha
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic